“Not too shabby”

Ranked #19 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Redmond, Washington
“Not too shabby”
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Was visiting my brother in Burbank and doing the Southern Cal thing (Disneyland, etc) with my entire family. This was the most economical "name" hotel close to his place.
The hotel/decor/carpet were a little old and worn, but the rooms were clean, the a/c worked and it was easy access to I-5.
The footsteps could get loud but after spending all day at the theme parks, we were too tired to really notice or care.
Overall, it was a decent value. What we saved on the hotel cost was applied elsewhere on the trip and I would use them again.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Jman425
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
alexandria va
Reviewed 26 December 2011

Worst hotel I have stayed in on this side of the border. You might find a better motel in Tijuana. I was given the "best" room...Looked like there was a raid by the police before I got there. Cushions on the chairs were flipped up, doors to both night stands were wide open, coffee table was in the middle of the floor and the lamps were falling over(x3). As a female traveling solo for business I was a bit frightened walking in to a room that looked in total disarray. The room was dingy, the sheets did look clean. I was afraid to keep my suitcase on the floor so I thought I would put it on the coffee table. When I turned the light on I noticed grease prints on the table. Upon further inspection the greasy print appeared to be from someone sitting nude on the table. Clear view of somones thights and butt in grease/lotion. Much to my dismay I discovered it was not a stain, and the table had not been cleaned since the last guest. I ran my shoe over the table top and made a huge smudge in the greasy. After getting in late at night on an evening flight from the East Coast I decided to stay and leave early the next morning. Not a restful nights sleep with all your luggage piled on the bed because it was the only seemingly clean place. Also not a room you want to walk in barefoot. Furniture looks like it is all from a second hand store and about 30 years old. I was even more disappointed the following morning when I was checking out and walked past a number of rehabed rooms that looked in much better shape than the room I was given. Awful experience. If you book here make sure you see the room before giving your credit card.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Tiffany N

Travellers are raving about these Burbank hotels

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Our room was clean however late afternoon the bathroom area became infested with ants! We requested a room change and were accomodated quickly but only two doors down. Luckily, there were no ants. Also, the location is close to a train track. A train came through in the middle of the night and blared its super loud horn and woke us all up.

Seems like the hotel has an ant problem that management is aware of but haven't really addressed. I noticed others on this website mentioned it also. Too bad I didn't read Trip Advisor before I booked.

Room Tip: Read Trip Advisor before you book!
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Glendale, Arizona
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I had to stay overnight in Burbank for a training, I have stayed at Ramada's before and this was near my training and the airport. Its an older hotel and it's starting to show but it does look like the owners are trying to makeing pretty. the grounds are nice. and its quite considering right behind you is the freeway. The bus service they have is quick nice and know their stuff. They told me the best places to eat and they werent wrong. I just made a call and I never waited more than 10mins for them to come get me. The resturant is a bit high just for breakfast...

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank AZR6Lady
San Luis Obispo, California
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We arrived at Burbank Airport, jet lagged and hungry. The place we wanted to stay (Burbank Marriott) would not give us a desirable rate, so we found this place on Kayak and went with it, even without checking Trip Advisor first. Bad decision. As previous reviewers stated, there were ants in our bathroom, the place seemed like it hadn't been updated since the 70's, except for the front part of the room where the beds were which was weird, in the vanity area the sink came up to my thighs and I am not tall....and the cabinet door was about to fall off. We left at 5:30AM to drive home and could not get out of there fast enough.

The restaurant really leaves something to be desired. I ordered a chicken sandwich and it was bland and boring, and it was $12! Could have gone to a fast food place and gotten something better.

Wish we had just spent the extra $80 and stayed at the Marriott.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family