First the few good points:
+Right across the street from BUR
+Offer a shuttle to Universal Hollywood and they were on time. I recommend calling in advance to book the shuttle since it only sits about 15 people per trip.
+Guest services staff was nice
Now for the terrible experience, resulting in a 1-star review:
-When we arrived, we spoke to the front desk to check-in. She told us our room was almost ready; it was clean and only needed a manager walk-through. She mentioned it should only take 15-20 minutes, and she would call us when the room was ready. I checked back with another front desk staff 30 minutes later, and he said that the room was ready to go. If i didn't re-check, I wonder how long we would have waited...
-Got to the room, and to our surprise it was a double. We booked a king over a month in advance, and the front desk didn't even mention the room when we checked in. We called down to the front desk again, and they said no kings were available for the weekend. That's fine, but they could have at least told us when we checked in
-There were brochures on the floor in the room, indicating that a manager walkthrough didn't even take place
-If you have a car, make sure to mention it to the front desk. You need a special room key to exit the parking lot since the temporary ticket you get at the gate will "expire." They don't ask or say anything about the parking when you check in, so you might get stuck at the gate
-When we woke up, my girlfriend noticed she had many BUG BITES on her feet and legs. We looked inside the sheets to see if there were any bed bugs, but couldn't find any. As we were getting ready, we noticed BUGS were hopping all over all feet. Turns out they were FLEAS! The room was infested with FLEAS! There were dozens on the bathroom floor and who knows how many were on the dark carpet. We called the front desk immediately and they sent the housekeeping manager up to check. We killed a few and kept them on a tissue to show the housekeeping manager, and even showed her them on the bathroom floor. She asked if they were ants, so i nudged a few and they hopped away. Ants do not hop/jump. The manager left and the guest services guy came back a few minutes later to give us keys to a new room. They upgraded us to a suite, which was fine, but we did not receive a refund for the first night that we stayed in a FLEA INFESTED room
-No hotel manager (or anyone for that matter) even came to apologize
-None of the staff (besides guest services) seem to even care about anything
We will never stay at a Marriott again. Do yourself a favor and book a different hotel.
tl;dr: Wrong room, terrible staff, flea-infested room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Receive movie star treatment at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport. Our 50,000 square feet of deluxe meeting facilities, 22 breakout rooms, four VIP boardrooms and convenient services make us a premier conference center in the city. Professionals and vacationers alike will appreciate meals at the Daily Grill in addition to our full-service business center, Media Lounge, valet parking and free shuttle to the Burbank Bob Hope Airport (BUR). Our Burbank hotel also has a state-of-the-art fitness center, two outdoor pools and shaded cabanas surrounding fire pits for a peaceful evening under the California stars. When it comes time to turn in, our two newly renovated California guest towers feature luxurious rooms with soft bedding for a sound night's sleep. Some of Southern California's hottest attractions, including Warner Bros. Studios, Universal Studios and the Hollywood Walk of Fame, are within easy reach when staying at our luxurious Burbank hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel Burbank
- Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel
- Burbank Marriott