“Your car can stay outside and gather dust, for $18”

Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Burbank
Reviewed 1 December 2011

If you want to be close to the Burbank Airport, LOOK NO FURTHER. This place is practically on the runway, and I love it for that. Great for plane watching. They do a decent job of keeping the airplane noises out. Too bad they charge $18 for outdoor parking.

Right across the street, for you hungry people, Del Taco (my favorite!) and McDonalds.

There is free wifi in the lobby only. Go figure. Makes no sense to me, free wifi in the lobby and not in the rooms, but hey, everyone is trying to save a buck these days, I guess hotels are too. It is not like there is a casino on property and they want you out of your rooms, so why not free in-room wifi??

Full size beds SUCK! There, I said it. We have two 4 year old boys and we have to get a room with 2 beds. This hotel has full size beds not Queens. Try having a good night sleep in a full, with your significant other. I dare you.

Upon check-in, I asked the guy at the front desk for a NON connecting room as connecting rooms make me feel strange. I HATE that extra door. Creeps me out. Anyways, I was told EVERY room in the hotel that had 2 beds had a connecting room. To my surprise, the room given to us did NOT have a connecting door leading to a strangers room. Maybe he did not understand my question.

Overall, a clean hotel. Stay here if you want to be close to the Burbank Airport. Next time, if I ever stay here again, I will use my secret weapon. I will share this with you. Don't say I never gave you anything.... Go to Cheap Airport Parking.com and you can find the same parking area for less than HALF the price. I found out too late, but next time Marriott Burbank! Next time I will pay half to park in your lot!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2011

Thank you for letting us know about your stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel. Perhaps we could have suggested one of our well-appointed suites with King-size beds and a pull-out sofa, which would have suited your family better, We’re thrilled that our location worked out so well for you and we’re sure your boys enjoyed watching the planes take off and land. Thank you for noting the fact that we need to continue to reemphasize with our new front of house personnel from a fact sheet perspective about the attributes of our hotel because we would like all of our customers to be properly informed. To clarify the airport parking comment, please know that for a hotel guest stay we allow for free in and out privileges each day no matter how many times one goes to and from the hotel. Airport parking rates on the hotel property are one time usage without free in out privileges. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 25 November 2011

This is the first terrible stay at Marriott Hotel. I'm a rewards member and always stay at any Marriott Hotels where ever I go. We decided to leave San Francisco a little earlier than planned because of we didn't want to drive in the rain. I asked if we can check-in early Thanksgiving morning about 5am because we were going to be at Disneyland until midnight due to the Holiday. I figured they would allow us to check-in because it was the holidays and practically no one there but I wasn't surprised when they declined but it also didn't hurt to ask.

I just didn't want to pay for a night we didn't sleep there but just arrived 6 hours early and wanted to freshen up & store our luggage before going to Disneyland. So instead we went to a near-by relatives home to freshen up and hauled all our luggage in back of our SUV and drove 45 minutes to Disneyland. We stayed all day at Disneyland until 10pm. Drove back to the Hotel in Burbank and finally checked-in.

Terrible, Terrible experience. Worse service ever in our history of hotel staying. The valet parking attendant was alright. Seemed like just work for him. No kind of "Hello how are you this evening?" Just, "Valet is $24, Self-Park is $15 a day." It was late but valet we did, $24 valet a bit too much I think.

Then the experience from the front desk, another terrible experience. Her name was Taylor and no customer service manners. I think the management needs a class for the employees with etiquette manners. She didn't ask us how are we doing, just "last name of reservation". Just not pleasant at all.

Oh...and don't let the decor from the newly renovated lobby fool you. We stayed in the East building and when we got to the floor where we were staying...OMG, the hallways look dreadful. Ugggh, just like another hotel. Then when we got into our room...I should have know from the hallway it also looked dreadful. It looked like another motel. Terrible decor. The bathroom was small, walls were plain, curtains ugly. We stayed in a 2 bed, (I thought Queen size bed, but it was actually double beds) and one of the beds felt like a 2 ton wrecking ball fell on it. I sat on the edge of the bed and my bottom practically was sitting on the floor (Room #244, if you would like to check the bed manager). The furniture look like another "motel" room. Ugly!!

I would not recommend this hotel or at least the management should let their staff know to be more pleasant and smile more--because NO one was pleasant.

Ben was the one when we first arrived at 11/24/11 4:30 am -- very unpleasant
Taylor was the next morning 11/25/11 6/7am -- very unpleasant

I hope the manager who is reading this will do something about teaching the staff to be more pleasant, kind & more helpful.

by the way--the restrooms in the lobby, my husband said they were dirty. Napkins all over the floor

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

We certainly could not have been more disappointed than to learn of your impression of our hotel, staff and accommodations. We would have liked to have had the opportunity to address the points mentioned within your review during the time of your stay, when it would have mattered most , but moreover given you our typical best service possible in the first place. Your comments are very important and you can count on them being shared with our front desk and Valet team so that we can stress the importance of our guest relations. I truly apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

We spent just one night here. We were invited to be in the audience of a TV show being taped nearby. The hotel was convenient & close to our destination. The rooms are a little dated but clean and well maintained. The bed was perfect. Hotel staff was helpful with directions and dining suggestions.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Well, you became a star in your own right! What an amazing invite. It’s so nice to hear that your stay at the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel made your stay, even for just one night, a comfortable one. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

My daughter accidently booked the wrong hotel at the Burbank Airport. She is job hunting and flew to Burbank to attend an important convention at the Burbank Airport Marriott. She accidently booked the wrong Marriott hotel (there is more than one) and it meant spending extra money on cab rides or public transportation. She explained to the front desk at the Marriott Burbank Airport how she had messed up, and I will gladly report that this hotel changed her reservations for her and booked her room at their hotel for the same rate, with no penalties for her error. She was much relieved, and as a mom who couldn't help from home (but of course, I got the worried calls). Thanks Marriott!

Room Tip: This Marriott offers a shutte. Marriott Courtyard nearby, does not.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
MarriottBurbankLA, General Manager at Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2011

We are so pleased to learn that the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel was able to relieve your worries and take care of the one thing that is most important to you, your child. Thank you for your review and we hope you can visit with your daughter in the future.

Reviewed 18 November 2011

We stayed here the night of Nov 5, 2011, prior to boarding our plane the next day. We took advantage of the "Park & Fly" deal that gave us a rate of about $140 for a regular room and included 7 days of parking. The room was fine, I'd probably compare it to a Sheraton room. Across the street were fast food restaurants, although the hotel does have a restaurant, we did not try it.

We booked this hotel for the convenience of the complimentary airport shuttle, the proximity to the airport and the included parking. I would definitely stay here again using this deal.

One caveat, the night we returned from our trip I called to get a room because we were too exhausted to drive. The cheapest they could offer was $179/night with the AAA discount. I just couldn't, on principle, stay there after paying a much lower rate that included parking just 10 days before! We ended up getting the car out of their lot, and going to another nearby hotel (which was a complete disappointment) when we would have rather just stayed at the Marriott again. I spoke with both the front desk and the 800 customer service line, but they were unable or unwilling to adjust the rate.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

The convenient location of the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport Hotel to the Burbank (Bob Hope) Airport is definitely something that our guests appreciate and we’re thrilled that you were able to take advantage of it. We do regret that we could not offer you the same rate as your previous stay because rates do change from week to week, however we are truly disappointed in learning that you left the hotel to stay elsewhere. On your next trip to the area, we hope you will let us help you find the optimal rate for you at the Burbank Marriott and the perfect accommodations so that we may welcome you back to our hotel once again.