“Not too Shabby!”

Howard Johnson Buena Park/Near Knott's Berry Farm
Ranked #10 of 19 Hotels in Buena Park
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Just got back from my spring break vacation going to Disneyland, the hotel was pretty clean and was in a part of town with a lot of places to eat that you could walk right over too. i was surprised to find out that there was a mini fridge and microwave in the room along with cabinets and an eating area. No view though which wasnt what we were really there for. It was nice to have a shuttle take us to Disneyland but the only time it would come and go was 930am, to 1030 pm at night which meant if we didnt get a taxi we would of had to stay there for 13 hours which is pretty long. Towels could be better, complimentary breakfast could be alot better, but still free, but overall it was great for 40 bucks a night. Alot nicer than a motel 6.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Abbigail M

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We booked for 3 nights during the Presidents Day weekend. Unfortunately for us we had an emergency and had to head back home to Las Vegas after one night. Amy, the Manager, was understanding and without hesitation, refunded me the two nights I was not to stay even though I used Wyndam Rewards to book it without cancellation refunds. She said "It doesn't make sense for us to charge you if you won't be staying here." The room was just what we expected for the price - $50 per night. It was basic and clean with a small fridge and coffee maker. The spa was being fixed but the pool was clean and decent sized.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I've stayed at the Hojo Buena Park about 4 times in the last 2 years, it is one of my favorites. Very convenient and great value! Two major highways (91 & I-5) are nearby, as well as a Mickey D's and other fast food restaurants. Centrally located in North Orange County for trips down to South OC & LA. In a semi-industrial area, so very quiet at night. Free Wifi and parking. Rooms decently sized. Never had a problem with the billing.
Yes it is an older facility, but every time I've had an issue (shower handle came off, light bulb burnt out, etc) a call to the front desk quickly fixed it. Two things that have to be dealt with is the low number of outlets (6) in a typical room that you will have to compete for use with the 9 hotel provided devices (refrigerator, micro, tv, alarm, hair dryer, 4 lamps); and the fact that management adds a daily safe charge, only removes it when you check out, and ask (they must check some kind of record it the safe was used).
Very surprised my experience has been diametrically opposed to a lot of other reviewers, but I'll continue to use this hotel as long as it meets my expectations. I wonder how many other good hotels I've missed out on believing sour-grapes reviews?

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank HaveRiceWillTravel
Saisai1, General Manager at Howard Johnson Buena Park/Near Knott's Berry Farm, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2012

Thank you for your opinion. This helps us to improve all the time and increase our team efficiency.
Thank you for staying at the Howard Johnson Buena Park.

Reviewed 26 February 2012

HJ hotel in Breuna Park is the best location and Services is very good. My wife and kids are love to go back this hotel again. only thing they may add on more breakfast that is my recommend.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hung N
Reviewed 23 February 2012

I was told wrong freeway get Howard Johnson (Buena Park) and didn't get there 3:00 am was so mad and nobody pick up phone at front desk.I finally made it was told phone lines were down complianed corp ofiice was told get partial refund haven't yet get it.Raymond Choi general mgr who sent emails back and forth with my credit i card nformations has never given refund? I will never stay here or tell any business partners to stay or familes.

Room Tip: Listen to other people bad reviews trust them and you have think really hard pros and cons the sayin...
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank cgutierrez4

Cindy Gutierrez,

We are extremly sorry for your experience at the hotel. But you called the reservation center which is located in Parsippany NJ and they would not be able to give the exact directions as the front desk locally. Even then the reservation center agent tried his best to give you direction.
Secondly we do not keep credit card information once the guest checks out and your check out date was 24th August 2011 so we had to get the credit card information through emails only. You responded to the email on February 19th 2012 and we gave the refund for $54.00 with the confirmation number from our credit card company.
It takes 4 to 5 working days for the credit to be seen on your side.
We try and do our best for all our guests, but your experience will help us to improve each time.
Once again sorry for all the inconviences faced.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Buena Park
Best Host Inn
#3 of 19 in Buena Park
2.1 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Buena Park

Been to Howard Johnson Buena Park/Near Knott's Berry Farm? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK