“Always a good experience at Fairfield Inn”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Anaheim North/Buena Park
Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Chicago, Illinois
“Always a good experience at Fairfield Inn”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

I stayed here after a recent visit to Knott's Berry Farm. The hotel was a mile away from the theme park, which was extremely convenient. My room was extremely spacious and clean, and my bed was super comfy. The parking was free as well, which is always nice to have. No complaints whatsoever, I really enjoyed my stay!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank depechegirl02
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
  • Korean first
Lakewood, California
Reviewed 7 January 2012

I found the room to be more than adequate. I've read that they recently renovated this hotel and it shows. The Marriott name once again shines through!
My room was GREAT! I enjoyed having the desk next to the large flat screen tv. (Small fridge was below the tv unit.)

What else can you say! FREE WI-FI and full breakfast in the morning...it doesn't get any better than this.

I never got a chance to use the pool. It's outside and looked a little small to me.

The fitness center...well...it's a hotel fitness center. I didn't expect anything more. I actually drove a few miles away and worked out at the "24 Hour Fitness".

I will definitely book a room at this hotel again when I'm in town!!! (BTW...my stay was for 5 nights)

**SPECIAL NOTE FOR MARRIOTT**

I thoroughly enjoyed the relaxing water spray of the shower heads but I feel they should be changed out and switched over to a low flow type (2.5 GPM). We need to conserve as much water as possible. Especially in drought ridden Southern California. Thank You!!!

Room Tip: I found I got the BEST rate by going directly to Marriotts website. I imagine that the rooms lo...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank purple97cat
Reviewed 29 December 2011

We used our Marriott points and get upgraded to the king suite.

Room:
There are 2 full bathrooms, 2 TVs, a larger-than-dorm-size mini fridge, microwave, and even enough room for 2 kids to run around.
Room is clean with bright color furniture, bathrooms are a bit small but we're only staying for 3 days so it didn't bother us.
An extra rollaway bed is $10 per night.
Our room is very close to the elevator and we can hear a lot of people walking and talking on the hallway.

Location:
The hotel is not too far away from highway 5. It's less than 10 mins from Disney and less than 5 mins from Knott Berry Farm. There's a Target on the other side of Beach Blvd. You can also find fast food places (e.g. Subway) around.
** Free round trip shuttle to the Disney and Knott Berry Farm that goes out twice in the morning and evening, we didn't take advantage of this because we want to come back before 6pm (the earliest returning shuttle)

Service:
We were greeted by Raymond when we checked in and he's very nice, making the process smooth and he took the time to explain the hotel amenities to us.
Free continental breakfast is served until 9 or 9:30am. Limited hot food (scrambled egg and gravy), cereal, oatmeal, the only fruits are banana and green apple, coffee, juice, tea, bagel, muffin. The line can be long but they replenish the food pretty quick.
Outdoor pool and hot tub.

Room Tip: get a room far from the elevator so you'll hear less people walking and talking
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank tomatobaby
Cathey's Valley, California
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I have stayed here many times before when it was a Hampton Inn and I liked it better then. Sure the rooms are refurbished and spruced up a little now, but the direct lies told by the front desk clerks can't overcome that. Room looks nice and new, but small. Bathroom is virtually unusable. Sink is tucked into a walled in area (see picture), no sink space to lay things and shower/toilet room door opens right into anyone at the sink. Shower/toilet room is a dank dark cave, spend a few bucks and put a higher wattage light in there. Breakfast was unappealing and too many screaming running uncontrolled kids there. Parents did nothing to try to control them. Now the direct lie by the front desk night person. There were NO vending machines on the floors, they force you to come down and buy from their "shop" at terribly inflated prices. There must have been maybe 50 bottles of soda in the refrig, but only 1 bottle of diet anything. I asked the front desk clerk if he had any diet soda and he said we don't stock it--vendors do, what is there is what we have. The next morning I asked the manager and she said that wasn't true, they have soda and the clerk should have gotten you one. I guess you should never trust night clerks who could care less about their job and customer satisfaction. Needless to say, unless Hampton Inn rebuys this property, I will never stay there again. Can't give it more than the lowest rating even if the rooms do "look" nice.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else if you value people telling you the truth.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank ynp-CV
santa clara
Reviewed 20 December 2011

This place is one of the best hotels i have ever stayed at. Brand new funiture and Flat screes and free Breakfast!

Room Tip: All rooms are great!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business