“Pretty Good Build Your Own Pizza Place”

Pizza Studio - Buena Park
Ranked #21 of 250 Restaurants in Buena Park
Cuisines: Italian
Description: You create it, and we make it! At Pizza Studio, we help you "Create Your Masterpiece." Choose from our variety of crusts, specialty sauces, premium meats, and fresh-cut and roasted veggies!
Reviewed 17 May 2015

For $8, you get to build your own personal size pizza. Like Subway, you start at one end of the line and select your choice of thin crust, sauce, cheese and toppings. Select as many as you want because it is the same price. Pay for your pie and find a seat & they will bring you out your order. Simple. Only problem is the people who call their orders in. This place is not designed for large orders and it jambs up the line. They only have 1 tiny oven that can only handle the volume of people in line. Lunch time is very popular so get here early.

1  Thank Cheapasian

Reviewed 25 April 2015

I love the pizza studio. You get to make your own pizza, the staff are friendly and helpful and the pizza was great! A very reasonable place to eat for the whole family.

Reviewed 7 January 2015

If you like pizza and are picky, this place is the bomb. Think Subway style for pizza. You start with choosing your crust, then go down the counter and add to it, starting with sauce, cheese and toppings. Don't forget to add the fresh basil at the end and fresh garlic at the start.. Ask for it well done, so it won't be soggy. They run it through twice or put it on the "slow" conveyor belt.

Reviewed 18 November 2014

Another build your own pizza has landed in the OC. This location is in Buena Park, off the 91 freeway and Valley View, in a strip mall next door to Marie Callendar's.

If you've never been to a Build Your Own style pizza, or have never been to a Subway or Chipotle, the concept is quite easy:

1. Pick your crust. They offer traditional, rosemary-herb, wheat with flax seed, or firecracker, which is supposedly a bit spicy. I went with traditional.
2. Pick your base, or in this case, the sauce. I chose the traditional red sauce.
3. Pick your cheese. I went with mozzarella.
4. Pick your toppings. For $7.99 you can add as many toppings as you want. They offer the veggies first, and I added fresh tomatoes, mushroom and basil (which is normally offered as a post cooked topping). Then you can add meats, I added salami and ham. There's other varieties of meats and vegetables such as spicy sausage, onion, zucchini, chicken, etc.
5. Pay the cashier, and in minutes your pizza is ready.

If you have been to similar places like Pieology or Blaze, the difference from Pieology or Blaze:
- Pizza Studio uses a conveyor oven (think Quizno's or Burger King) rather than a stand alone oven.
- Pizza Studio offers different types of dough: traditional, Rosemary-herb, wheat with flax, or firecracker instead of just traditional and the gluten free.
- A few ingredients are different than the competitors, but I think there's more variety at the other places.

While I enjoyed my pizza at Pizza Studio, there was something lacking in my pizza. I think the pizza at the other places are a bit crispier because they use a traditional fire oven? It just wasn't on point. They're opening up other locations throughout SoCal, so I'd gladly go back if I saw one, but I think I would probably pick Blaze or Pieology first.

Pizza Studio offers a "frequent" card for discounts, and to help the Starving Artist.

Reviewed 8 November 2014

I've eaten at Pizza Studio several times over the last few months, and I've always left feeling satisfied. For about $8, you can walk out with a decent sized personal pizza and soda, which is fantastic if you're in the mood for a quick meal.

In regards to the dining room, it's nothing to write home about, but not awful either. I've been there with my girlfriend and had a great time, but it is a little noisy if you're trying to have a conversation. Also, parking can be a little tricky if you arrive on a super busy night, so beware.

All in all, Pizza Studio is a fun casual dining experience. Definitely my pizza place of choice in Buena Park!