“Not too Shabby!”

Ranked #3 of 18 Hotels in Buena Park
Reno, Nevada
“Not too Shabby!”
Reviewed 15 April 2012

The hotel was nice! We had a family of 5 so we got the oversized queen and asked for a rollaway. It was perfect! We were on the fourth floor and i could hear the people walking upstairs but it didnt bother me. The wallpaper was peeling away from the shower head in my bathroom and that wasn't a big deal. The problem I had was the scuzzy park!!! I'm afraid of heights and I figured that I would try to conquer that fear by going up in the Skycabin! It looked safe enough! I WAS WRONG!!!! I got trapped at the top for 12 LONG minutes!!!!! My husband and 5yr old daughter were there too!! I freaked out! My husband asked the guy if we would fall and the kid didnt know!! Really?!! Then after we get down the supervisor offers us dinner at 9:00pm Really!! If I was thinking rationally I would have asked for a refund!! So to all DON'T go Knotts!! I'm sticking to DISNEYLAND!!!! Oh yea! When I asked how much the breakfast buffet was I guess I interupeted the desk clerks phone call and he was like I don't know around $12 a person! Excuse me for asking a question!! For the 5 of us we spent $54! And also when my teenagers went down to the pool that night there was a couple having a little too much fun in the hot tub!! Really GROSS!!!!

1 Thank jessica_cook54
DRP078, General Manager at Knott's Berry Farm Hotel, responded to this review, 9 May 2012
Thank you for your response. We are always working to better ourselves for our guest and your comments are important.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Utah
Reviewed 14 April 2012

We stayed with our two teenage boys for spring break. It is a pleasant hotel of slightly above average condition, but the location, service from staff, price, and excellent food, especially dinner, at the Amber Waves restaurant in the Hotel made us wonder why we would ever stay anywhere else. There are great other options all within walking distance of the Hotel There is a nice outdoor hot tub, a spacious pool, and an enjoyable water feature play area next to the pool.

We have stayed at many higher quality hotels, but for the price, location, and overall experience, it is great. Being able to walk to and from the Theme Park was delightful as the weather changed during the day several times during our stay. It was quicker to walk to our hotel than the parking lot for Knotts Berry. The parking was also free at the Hotel and a free shuttle to Disneyland heightened the value.

We also went to Pirates one night, which was another delightful venture.

Room Tip: get one on the upper floors over the pool area and you can see when the hot tub is empty
2 Thank kjsutt
Concord, CA
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I reserved the room with the park tickets through their website. It seems like a great deal. We got 4 tickets, parking and room for about $220. (ticket price is $57.99). The hotel is within walking distance to the park and there are shops and restaurant along the way. The room seems like it needs a renovation. The pool area was nice with a kid play area. Overall I would only stay there if I was going to Knott's Berry Farm. They should definitely do a major remodeling job!

• Stayed April 2012
San Diego, California
Reviewed 3 April 2012

My day-cation at Knott's Berry Farm was wonderful. I was contemplating on whether or not to stay at the KBF hotel, so I took that chance. When I arrived at the hotel, I was very impressed as soon as I walked into the lobby area to check in. The front desk clerk was very polite and very informative about the hotel and park. The room was very appealing and clean. My family loved the room, restaurant and the whole idea of ordering room service from the restaurant. I could not agree with all the negative remarks that I have read prior to making my reservations. I will come back time and time again. KBF hotel THANKS FOR MAKING OUR STAY COMFORTABLE!!!! WE'LL SEE YOU AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: Never rely on another person(s) review unless you see for yourself the facilities that they have to...
4 Thank Victorino B
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2012

First off I would like to point out that this is a Resort that is best appointed for a Buena Park Visit, pan's down. Here I go - I must point out that I am reviewing their Snoopy Theme Rooms and have never stayed in one of their Standard Rooms. We arrived at the Hotel and were greeted by one of their check in agents by the name of Ellery. He was attentive and full of helpful tips for our Knotts Theme park spring break. The Lobby is large and inviting. We went straight to our room before we hit the park to fresh up from our flight from Denver. The room was clean and absolutely cute with the Peanuts Theme through out the room and hallway. My two girls loved the Snoopy Plushies that came free with the room. I did have to ask for them but they gave them to us. On the grounds their is a great little store that is significantly cheaper than if you buy stuff in the Park. The walk way to Knottsberry is easy and the stores along the way are great. The Hotel has an eatery by the name of Waves but to be honest, with Pinks Hot Dogs, TGI Fridays, and Mrs. Knotts Chicken their are plenty of great choices outside the park and in. The Knottsberry Bakery outside the themepark has great breakfast pastries and a great cup of coffee to get ya going. We love Disneyland but her theme hotels- Paradise Pier, The Disneyland original Hotel and The Grand Californian will run you some. The Knotts Berry Resort is simply a more affordable option without making you feel like you skimped on your vacation. The Resort has a great Pool area and the workout area is great. The walls are a little thin and you can here noise but I must admit, We were so tired after the Park we slept good. The Knotts Berry Hotel is a great choice and you must get the Theme room to get into the spirt. The Snoopy tuck in for the kids is great but you can still see him and get photos in the lobby as well. Choose this hotel and you wont go wrong when visiting Knotts Berry Farm.

Room Tip: Simply get a Snoopy Theme room or the Over sized room.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family