All reviews place to stay plenty of parking wine tasting miles pets iron microwave grass
Reviewed 28 April 2018

I had gone to this motel 6 in Buellton, and if anyone would ask me about my view of motel 6 i would always recommend motel 6 over any establishments in the Santa Barbara county area, but this one was wrong all together.
I stayed for about 1 week during the Montecito mud slide. Cleaning staff refused to offer services unless I requested it. Every day, the office staff would constantly ask as to where and with whom I was visiting. Not a normal thing for motel 6 staff to ask.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here one night in transit. Location good. Staff helpful. Room bit cramped. Have to pay extra for wifi per device. And have to pay extra if you want a fridge. It was clean and comfortable though

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2017

This is nothing spectacular, just a room to stay in while you're out doing other things. Ditto on the soap, shampoo, hairdryer, etc. Close to local eateries and things to do. Paid internet is a Pain in the keister too

Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

On a spur of the moment trip up to San Simeon we stopped here after spending 2-½ hours in LA traffic on a Friday. We had our two 6-month old pups and the motel change promotes being “Pet Friendly”. The place was pristine, and cleaner than a lot of higher end places we’ve stayed.

The green space for the puppies was great also. It was also close to Starbucks which was a bonus.

I would take off ½ point for the scratchy sheets, but they were clean...just not the highest thread count. I guess Tom Bodett likes his sheets and towels a bit on the rough side, and doesn’t believe in shampoo, conditioner, or hair dryers!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 September 2017

Okay, what can I say. If you just want a clean room, comfortable beds, a place to clean up and not spend a fortune, then this is the place for you. No frills! I mean no shampoo, no lotion, no coffee pot, microwave, refrigerator, no closet, no iron or hairdryer and towels that will remove that first layer of skin. But the place was clean and had comfortable beds. Talk about bare bones, this is the place.

Room tip: Any where but do not have a north facing room at the back over looking the US 101!
Date of stay: September 2017