“Peaceful, relaxing and great price performance”

Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Brisbane
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Overlooking the Bay, you can watch the yachts at the Marina from the window of your room (if you take a Bayview room). It is so tranquil both day and night - definitely great after a long flight and in need of some relaxation. Jasmine at the front desk - she is awesome! Friendly and warm, she makes you feel so welcomed once you arrive (arrived far too early for check-in) but she took down our cell number and called us once the room was ready! That gave us time to look around the area, restaurants and shops. Breakfast selection was great but most important to note, car park is free! Wireless internet service is good! It comes with a complete kitchen if you are staying longer!!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor with bayview window overlooking marina!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North

Reviewed 12 February 2012

Very comfortable, clean hotel experience. Rooms are very adequate and location is a bit remote but QUIET. Staff was courteous. Included hot breakfast was very good as these things go with make your own waffles, egg & cheese omlette, bacon, fruit, selection of breads to toast, cereal, juice, coffee, etc. All-in-all a VERY GOOD experience.

Only complaints were breakfast should start at 6 a.m. and not 7 a.m. Our morning breakfast fell on a Saturday, which may have made a difference regarding starting time. However, morning flights don't care what day of the week it is and neither does my growling stomach.

The other is not really a complaint, but just be aware there is ONE shuttle bus serving this hotel (and the neighboring Radisson) that keeps circling. But because this hotel is a bit on the far north end of the airport hotels, it takes a good 40 to 45 minutes to make one roundtrip. So, if you JUST MISS the shuttle, like we did, prepare to stand at SFO for at least 40 minutes before you hope to see it again. There doesn't seem to be enough business to run TWO shuttles so I think this is the way things are. Not that I'm complaining, but something to be aware of. Me personally, I'll gladly put up with waiting for the long shuttle return for some QUIET time at the hotel.....which this hotel does have and we thoroughly enjoyed.

Room Tip: If you're going to be in your room during daylight hours, ask for a bayview room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank trekker07
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Loved it, my husband and I stayed here two nights on a trip up the coast. Breakfast was great and offered a great variety. Service was polite, rooms were comfortable, gym was clean (though I wish it was a tad larger, we didn't have a problem but I imagine during their busy hours it might be difficult to snag a machine). It was way more affordable than places near fisherman's wharf, we drove into the main city and parked in one of the cheaper lots $10-$15 per day and just walked everywhere. Next time I'm in san fransisco, I'll definitely keep this hotel in mind.

• Stayed: January 2012
2  Thank -Travel-Nut-86-
Reviewed 20 January 2012

It meet all our needs. We stayed for eight days and the rooms were very comfortable. The breakfast was great, especially "Fred" looking after all of our needs. The front desk people were very helpful. We request rooms that were located next to each other and they did what we asked for. Definite a place to go back too.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bzzzzHi
Reviewed 14 January 2012

Every Hotel in downtown was $250 a night to $600 with another $40 a night for parking. I just couldn't do it. I did find a great rate in an area called the tenderloin. Mmm...that sounded tasty but thanks to Wikipedia I chose to not stay there and live!!! The yelp reviews were all 4 stars but ended with "It's in the Tenderloin!" I will go on living for another day!!!

This place had a great rate and I was able to upgrade when I checked in. Hilton Honors Status has its perks at every hotel. The girl at the front counter was really nice. She gave me the floor of my choice. Most hotels don't even ask. I also asked for a water view and I was accommodated. Who needs downtown San Francisco? I've got my own bay view! There was also an amazing trial in front of the hotel...I wish I had a bike and at 7:24 am the sun would rise and I would want to forget that I had to actually go to work!!!

The staff is overly friendly but that is good because It makes me want to come back and stay her again. Last time I stayed at a hotel with this much customer service was in Fiji last year. The management has done an amazing job of training the staff here. Everyone says hello even the plumber.

The morning guy Fred is out of control...he just rocks and you can tell by the music he makes his staff listen to in the kitchen...we are talking Rolling Stones and CCR...good old rock'n roll. In fact, one morning I heard him telling his cooks about a concert he had been too...it was so cute!!! Fred is the hardest worker I have ever seen and he makes sure that none of the food runs out. He has the best organized breakfast bar in the world.

Free parking, breakfast, and dinner with drinks in the evening. I did not use the dinner but it is a nice touch. I was able to stop by for a dinner snack on my last night. I had a salad and a wine as a pre-dinner warm up. The food all looked good and I had to laugh at the customers conversation about what the main course was. No one wanted to try it...they couldn't tell if it was fish or chicken. I finally had to speak up and tell them that it was cod...it was written right on the chalk board. Yes it is fish!!! I did enjoy the debate for about 10 minutes before I stopped the madness.

A drive to North Beach took me 10 with no traffic. This places value outweighs the cost of staying in the city. And if u are trying to watch budget then I recommend you check this place out on your next stay in the area.

I only had one problem. The maid touches and moves everything in my room. I would wash my workout clothes and hand them in the shower and she would move my wet clothes and arrange them to dry the way she wanted them to dry. Why? Just leave them alone. Also on my last night there...she touched my tooth brush...I jokingly shot video to see what she moved and when I watched the video I was really grossed out to see she moved my tooth brush and then put it upside down into a dirty glass. I went and boiled my tooth brush after seeing it. I could take a star off but I cant let one bad apple ruin this amazing hotel.

Oh yeah Free Wifi too throughout the whole hotel too. That would have costed me another 20 bucks downtown too...so I did save some money!!!

Room Tip: Make sure you are facing the water and not the 101 freeway!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Brisbane
0.1 km away
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel San Francisco Airport North
0.7 km away
Residence Inn San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Residence Inn San Francisco Airp...
#7 of 28 in South San Francisco
1.8 km away
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco Airport North
Hilton Garden Inn San Francisco ...
#1 of 28 in South San Francisco
2.1 km away
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airport
Hampton Inn San Francisco-Airpor...
#2 of 28 in South San Francisco
0.8 km away
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/Oyster Point Waterfront
Courtyard San Francisco Airport/...
#6 of 28 in South San Francisco
3.5 km away
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airport Hotel
Best Western Plus Grosvenor Airp...
#3 of 28 in South San Francisco

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton San Francisco Airport-North? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK