“Nice people, will probably improve with experience”
Review of Smokehouse Bbq Pit - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smokehouse Bbq Pit
Reviewed 2 September 2017

We had lunch there about 3 days after they opened and were not impressed. Food was average, not much ambience. The owners are nice people and will probably get better with experience.

Reviewed 14 February 2017

If you are dying for a BBQ fix, this is a relatively decent spot to fill that hole. The ribs can be fantastic, but I've found the brisket to be hit an miss. Sometimes overly dry and other times moist and delicious. The sides are nothing to rave about with the exception of the hush puppies. I found the collard greens to be over cooked and lacking flavor, similar experience with the mac and cheese just lacking flavor overall.

The biggest complaint I might have is flooring as you walk in to the restaurant, the faux wood flooring is just falling apart and does not lend confidence that the owners are really paying attention to details or putting the customer experience first.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

I have been coming here since they opened. Everything from the sides to the Ribs are the best tasting you can find in the area.
When I moved out here from the EastBay I found myself going back there to get good BBQ.
Now I can go down the street and get some of the best stuff around.
Try it and you will be hooked too.

1  Thank Randall J
Reviewed 31 October 2015

I used to work a few doors down.. that smokey, full and bold smell would always flood the parking lot or just driving down the bypass or down lone tree. MAN if I could give them 10 stars i would, JUST because i don't even like barbeque. the owner and his staff are seriously the sweetest people. I haven't had a real family feel of a restaurant in a long time but this place definitely is full of ambiance. Their meat is fall off the bone savory smoked for 12 hours and they constantly have amazing specials. Keep up the good work guys!

Reviewed 13 July 2015

I ate here with my family. It's in a strip mall that has had a lot of restaurant turnover. I hope they succeed. It's a small place with maybe 5 booths, and some outdoor seating. It looks like they plan to do lot of takeout. We ordered ribs, pulled pork sandwich and chicken sandwich (BBQ sauce on the side). My ribs were great. Almost falling off the bone, but not quite. The medium sauce had a kick, but it was not overwhelming. The portion was just right. Sometimes ordering ribs gets you 3 giant ribs with little meat, or you get a rack big enough to feed the whole family! The sides were good: the cornbread was hot, the greens were good - the coleslaw needed more dressing. The owner greeted us as we came in, and described the menu. He also said he had soft-serve ice cream for dessert, which was not on the menu. The coupon was accepted without a problem. Service was friendly. You get up to retrieve your food when your order was called. However, this is not a "fast food" joint. It's quite obvious that there is no room for servers to wait tables. The only suggestion was that the should have had coleslaw on them. I thought they were a little plain. It was also a little warm inside. Obviously the hot grill was the dominant feature in the room, but there was an excellent range hood.