“I don't even like barbeque”
Review of Smokehouse Bbq Pit - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smokehouse Bbq Pit
Reviewed 31 October 2015

I used to work a few doors down.. that smokey, full and bold smell would always flood the parking lot or just driving down the bypass or down lone tree. MAN if I could give them 10 stars i would, JUST because i don't even like barbeque. the owner and his staff are seriously the sweetest people. I haven't had a real family feel of a restaurant in a long time but this place definitely is full of ambiance. Their meat is fall off the bone savory smoked for 12 hours and they constantly have amazing specials. Keep up the good work guys!

Reviewed 13 July 2015

I ate here with my family. It's in a strip mall that has had a lot of restaurant turnover. I hope they succeed. It's a small place with maybe 5 booths, and some outdoor seating. It looks like they plan to do lot of takeout. We ordered ribs, pulled pork sandwich and chicken sandwich (BBQ sauce on the side). My ribs were great. Almost falling off the bone, but not quite. The medium sauce had a kick, but it was not overwhelming. The portion was just right. Sometimes ordering ribs gets you 3 giant ribs with little meat, or you get a rack big enough to feed the whole family! The sides were good: the cornbread was hot, the greens were good - the coleslaw needed more dressing. The owner greeted us as we came in, and described the menu. He also said he had soft-serve ice cream for dessert, which was not on the menu. The coupon was accepted without a problem. Service was friendly. You get up to retrieve your food when your order was called. However, this is not a "fast food" joint. It's quite obvious that there is no room for servers to wait tables. The only suggestion was that the should have had coleslaw on them. I thought they were a little plain. It was also a little warm inside. Obviously the hot grill was the dominant feature in the room, but there was an excellent range hood.

Reviewed 30 June 2015

My husband and I went there for lunch after reading a great review in a local paper. The restaurant is tiny with four booths and one table. There is no table service--you order from the counter and then pick up your food. The presentation is utilitarian--a place mat, aluminum foil and plastic utensils. However, the BBQ is to die for delicious.

My husband had the brisket sandwich and I had the pulled pork. We both had the spicy version of the BBQ sauce plus coleslaw. We both found our meat to be succulent and juicy. We also knew why the owner/chef kept his BBQ sauce recipe a secret--It was awesome.

We also got a small order (4) of hush puppies. They were cooked perfectly and left no unpleasant aftertaste so I knew the cooking oil was fresh. The (small) sandwiches we ordered were $5.95 and included one side and a soft drink. The coleslaw was bland and salt didn't help but the sandwiches could not be beat. We look forward to returning.

5  Thank SuzanLaw
Reviewed 10 June 2015

We had the ribs and they were smoked to perfection. We went on their grand opening and they were still trying to organize everything, The place was crowded because the smoke wafting outside brought people in. The ribs were definately slow cooked , tender and great flavor. They had the usual BBQ fare of ribs, pulled pork, chicken, sausage, brisket. I have had better BBQ sauce ( I like a spicier sauce). There was also cole slaw and corn bread.

1  Thank wyattalanc