“Decent price, good food”

Dickey's Barbecue Pit
Ranked #73 of 151 Restaurants in Brentwood
Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

We got two racks of ribs, the Westerner, and the three meat

My wife really liked the three meat. The ribs are quite good. The brisket could have been better, but it wasn't bad.

The sauce was good, but there wasn't enough of it.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Terrible service and the worst BBQ ever. Brisket was so dried out and tasteless we ended up giving most of it to the dogs. Even they weren't sure they wanted it! Rude, surly servers and SLOW. If they moved any slower they'd be going backwards. Took almost 40 minutes to get a take out order. We've gotten take out from here many times in the past and had good service and great food. Don't know what happened, but will not bother trying the place again. Horrible.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 19 October 2017

The food itself tasted fine and the barbecue sauces were delicious, but I just couldn't get past the lack of cleanliness in this place! Everything, the tables, chairs, floors, looked and felt greasy or sticky. And the bathroom! I wanted to wash up before using my fingers to eat. I've seen rest stop bathrooms look cleaner than theirs.
Their delivery of food is a bit odd in that we did not see or smell any food actually being cooked. Signs on their walls say, "Fall off the bone," which I assume means the meat had been cooked for hours prior, which would make it fall-off-the-bone tender. So you stand in line and order your food, much like a fast-food restaurant. Here, I ordered the rib plate. The man turns around and pulls out a rack of plastic-wrapped ribs out of a warming locker and cuts the plastic off, revealing an anemic-looking set of cooked ribs. They tasted fine, and after covering with barbecue sauce looked closer to what I am used to eating, but they were not the "fall off the bone" tender as I have had at real restaurants. i don't care to re-live THAT experience and do not plan on returning.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 12 June 2017

We stopped in for BBQ brisket sandwiches twice last week because the first time was so good. However, the second time a different employee was working the order line and he was not nearly as good as the first. The meat was fatty and not well sliced (almost chopped instead) and the three sandwiches we got were all different sizes, unlike the first time when they were cut perfectly with the fat removed and the portion controlled. As with all restaurants, employees make a huge difference in the quality of the visit.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 10 June 2017

I gave them one because I couldn't give them a zero! I've ate here several times in the past with no issue, but this time it's another story. If I was to guess I would bet that they are going out of business. The line was out the door and it took us 30 minutes to put our order in, people were walking out. Then the guy taking the order (who happened to be the manager) couldn't care less when I told him that people were leaving. There was only 3 people working he said that they were fully staffed. The manager had about as much energy as the sloth at the DMV in the movie Zootopia. They substituted my meet with a lesser quality without telling me. They were out of chips, the switch to the water dispenser was broken, the clips to every high chair were broken! The floor, tables and general overall business was a complete mess. Brought my family here and was totally embarrassed. I WILL NEVER STEP FOOT IN THIS PLACE AGAIN!

Date of visit: June 2017