“Large portions, lots of choices, good quality”

Lazy Dog Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #2 of 217 Restaurants in Brea
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 September 2017

There is a large and varied menu here, as well as expansive beer selection. Wine menu is limited but decent. Portions are always large, so order with that in mind. Tried their chicken quesadilla for the first time, they melt chipotle cheddar over the top to give it a crisp texture on top of the tortilla. They also added jalapenos inside for me. This dish, being an appetizer, was perfect for me. Filling without being over the top full.

Reviewed 9 September 2017 via mobile

This place is California cool. I sat outside and enjoyed the warm sun and some really excellent cold beers! I recommend trying the Lazy Dog Sampler which consists of six 4 ounce examples of their wonderful brews.

My favorite was the Lazy Dog Red Ale.

I scored big by arriving during Happy Hour where they've got some good drink and appetizer specials. I ordered the Buffalo Chicken Lollipops with some bleu cheese. They were tasty and well done.

The staff was friendly and attentive. The decor was modern rustic (....yes, that only makes sense when you see it!).

The hilarious thing is that people can bring their leashed dogs and enjoy dinner in the outdoor beer garden! I just love it! This is only the kind of stuff you see in SoCal!!

If you are near Brea, get here. Fun atmosphere, excellent beer, lots of energy and a blast whether you are solo, with your spouse or with a group!

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This was our first trip to the Brea location. This restaurant seemed noisier than Irvine. My fried chicken was very good. The fish tacos were also very good. The lemon chicken was excellent.

The disappointment was the Bison meat loaf. The presentation was good. But The meat was mushy and tasted like it had too much breadcrumb filler and ketchup. Frankly we should have returned it and gotten something else.

The pumpkin cheesecake and apple deserts were very good.

Reviewed 21 August 2017 via mobile

Popular night spot. Allows dogs on patio. Sports bar atmosphere. Our server, Andy, made great recommendations for drinks & food. The Barbecue Chicken Pizza Crisp was recommended and was perfect for a hungry person. The Rum Barrel Punch recommended was delicious. The BBQ Bacon Burger was just ok.

Bring your dog and make it a family night. If you tire of waiting , remember that seating in the bar is open seating, but the patio is the only place for dogs.

The down side was seeing a dog lifting his leg on a column just outside the patio.

Reviewed 8 August 2017

There were eight of us, a small reunion group, meeting for a monthly luncheon. We sat on the patio on a beautiful day, one of the first tables seated...and, much to my chagrin, one of the last tables to get our food. The wait was terrible and service unacceptable. Two of us were offered free appetizers which never showed up. The food was good, just late.