“Satisfied Every Time”

Ranked #3 of 202 Restaurants in Brea
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2017

Ambiance is not too loud without being awkwardly quiet. Service has always been on point. Pastas/Appetizers/Drinks have always been enjoyed. I highly recommend the watermelon margaritas and the pasta Carbonara.

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 8 June 2017

I have been to the Lazy Dog Café a couple times before this last visit. The food is always solid and I love the concept of being able to bring your dog. The Brea store seems to always have a wait which I don't like to do and especially for chain restaurant. However we were being treated so wait we did. I felt very decadent sitting at the bar having a margarita in the afternoon. I guess it was 5 o'clock somewhere. We were finally shown to our table which was a nice booth. I ordered there Chicken Thai salad which is excellent and I wasn't disappointed this time. My husband and our friend went for the fish and chips and loved them. I tasted the fish. It was light, moist with a very crispy light batter. Very good. Our other friend ordered the bone-in pork schnitzel. This is where the story get good. We really thought our waitperson was sharp. The dinners aren't delivered by the wait staff however. So when the bone-in schnitzel was delivered to the table it was the braised pork shoulder. Our friend told the deliverer that it was the wrong order. She apologized and took it back to the kitchen. Our waitperson showed up to see how we were doing and noticed that there was a missing meal. Our friend explained and she said she would look into it. Not a minute later did the manager come to our table and profusely apologize for the mistake. He asked if he could bring something like a soup or salad so we could all eat together. Our friend said that would be nice. The manager suggested a nice Caesar salad. He brought it out in two shakes. This was a really, really nice salad. The beautiful pork schnitzel arrived not much later. I was so impressed with the way the staff and management got in front of the issue to ensure it would not be a problem. Kudos to that manager who was working at about 3 p.m. on Sunday, May 21st. All managers should take a lesson from you and your staff. I will come back...maybe to try that pork shoulder.

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

Nice place that allows you to bring your dog with you to dine outside. Food was good. Had the grilled tuna and it was very good. Friend had the chicken parm and also good. Generous portion. Service was adequate but nothing spectacular. Not a must do or have to come back place but good.

Reviewed 23 May 2017

I have been to another Lazy Dog Restaurant in Anaheim and liked it, but that was a long time ago. We were thinking of a place to go as a family for a nice Sunday lunch, and as nobody else in my family had been here, I decided to take them here. The wait was a bit longer than I had hoped for, but it was Sunday at about 1:00, so this is how it goes.

We got a seat on the patio, which is where people with dogs also sit. The dogs were not an issue at all, but the lack of proper shade was an issue. The sun was very hot this day and about 1/2 of the tables had some, or all, of the seating area exposed. We had 1 umbrella for two tables, so it was not possible to move it, as that would have affected the other people.

The wait for the waiter to come to our table, after we were sat was very long 10-15 minutes and I was about to get up and ask for the waiter when he finally showed up. the wait was so long we were able to order our entire meal when he finally showed up.

The food was good, hot and as we ordered it. The price is about what you expect at this type of restaurant ($15-$20 per person without alcohol).

We will be back at some point, but this time we will sit inside or make sure to ask for a table in the shade.

Reviewed 22 May 2017

Great menu and service. Relaxed environment. The patio is great if you want something a bit quieter and dog-friendly