“it was ok”
Review of The Boat House

The Boat House
Ranked #9 of 26 Restaurants in Bodega Bay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Seem kind of pricey for what you got. Fries under cooked, cheeseburger ok and crabcake sandwich ok too. Nothing exciting but nothing terrible either.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

Driving thru Bodega Bay looking for a quick meal and stopped into The Boat House. Wasn’t crowded but saw locals eating there. We had fish and chips, really good.
Had a good menu and an nostalgic atmosphere. Easy choice for lunch.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

My family and I had fish and chips. The breading was to heavy. On top of that the fry oil was rancid. A place that does nothing but fried food should keep their oil fresh. We also asked if they could turn on heaters on and the patio but that never happened with no explication. Also
requested butter because the clam chowder was tasteless. The cash register
attendant said he would get it but never followed up. The place is generally in bad shape and heaters don’t work. I come to Bodega a couple times a year but I won’t be coming here.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Whenever I drive to the coast, I go to "The Boat House" for the freshest fish 'n chips imaginable. Granted, the ambience of the place is nothing to brag about and if you need white table cloths and fancy service, don't go here. However, if you're wanting to eat really fresh fish (including marvelous calamari) and excellent french fries, come by for a visit. When I have out of town company, this is where I take them because, for my money, I want really good food for a reasonable price. I love this place!

Reviewed 29 January 2018

I was the nearly the only person there on a mid week afternoon and waited forever for my reasonably good fish n' chips. Problem was I had lots of time to take stock of the old, worn, stained carpet! in the main eating area, the beaten up rickety tables and chairs, the disorderly magazines strewn in a chaotic pile on some makeshift thing, the dirty windows, dirty sills. I didn't trust the cleanliness of my cheap old wooden tabletop at all and it was frankly disgusting and I couldn't wait to finish eating and leave. Would only go back if there are ever new owners and a total makeover.