“Spectacular View, uncomfortable Beds”
other travellers have booked this property
View of Pacific Ocean from home and wrap-around deck
View from our living room and deck. Our Bodega Bay home with panoramic view of Pacific Ocean, Bodega Head, and Bodega Bay.
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
View of Pacific Ocean from home and wrap-around deck
View from our living room and deck.
Our Bodega Bay home with its large deck and views of the Pacific Ocean, Bodega Head, and Bodega Bay.
View from our living room of full moon setting over Bodega Bay.
Our Bodega Bay home on a hill overlooking Doran Beach Park, the Pacific Ocean, and Bodega Bay.
View from our living room of sunset over ocean and Bodega Head.
View of Bodega Harbor from property
View of Bodega Bay and headlands from living room and deck
Our Bodega Bay home on a hill with panoramic views of ocean, bay, and Bodega Head.
View of Bodega Bay from master bedroom.
View of Bodega Head and Pacific Ocean from entry to our deck.
Part of our living room with loft above.
Part of our living room with views of ocean and bay
Our living room with gas log fireplace and views of ocean and bay.
Our kitchen well stocked with pots and pans and dishes, coffee maker, microwave, toaster, etc.
View of Bodega Bay and ocean from Master bedroom
Part of our living room, loft, and dining room.
Part of master bathroom.
Our kitchen looking toward dining room.
Master bedroom.
Master bedroom with its views of Bodega Bay.
Master bedroom has its own master bath.
View of Bodega Bay and Bodega Head from Master bedroom.
Ocean view golf nearby.
One of two baths with tub and stand up shower and view of Bodega Bay.
Stairs from living room to the loft with its spectacular ocean views and view of fireplace below.
Our deck with its views of Pacific Ocean and Doran Beach Park below.
Marina at Bodega Bay just a short drive away.
Ocean view from our living room.
Part of ocean view from our living room.
View from our living room of Bodega Bay marina.
View from our living room of Bodega Head.
View from our living room of sunlight on Pacific Ocean showing part of Bodega Head.
Part of the expansive views of ocean from our living room.
The marina over a short drive away.
Part of the Bodega Bay fishing fleet nearby.
Panoramic view of our home with ocean, bay, and Bodega Head in background.
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 30 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Johanna R
“Spectacular View, uncomfortable Beds”
Reviewed 26 July 2018 for a stay in July 2018

We love this house, the view, the location, the peace and quiet. It was sparkling clean and Ken was very responsive With our questions. The kitchen is well equipped and it feels like a lodge. Our one issue was with the beds. Our teen daughter slept in the loft bed and could not sleep because she felt the coils creaked and she felt the bedcoils under her back. My husband and I also felt the master bedroom bed was uncomfortable. We woke with back pain, all of us. We are all athletic and height-weight proportionate so it wasn’t a body type issue. The sofa also feels like the seat pillows are beginning to wear out. I realize “comfort” is subjective and some people may not experience this. We would love to return if the beds and sofa were replaced to be more supportive. Thank you.

1 Oct 2018
Johanna, thanks for your favorable review of our house in Bodega Bay with its spectacular views of ocean, bay, and marina. I am sorry you found the beds uncomfortable. As you note, this is a subjective judgement. All I can say is that the mattress on the king bed in the master bedroom is near new, but it is a firm mattress. My family and I stay at the house frequently and we all sleep well and comfortably, but this may be because we are used to the beds in our Bodega Bay home, and of course you would not be. The mattress in the loft is at least a full 12 inches thick and is a good quality mattress. Again, I suggest that we do get used to the places we normally sleep and sometimes when we sleep somewhere else we may find the new bed uncomfortable simply because we are accustomed to something softer or harder. We will be adding another single bed soon. If you and your family return, perhaps your daughter would be more comfortable on that single bed coming soon. Thanks again for all your other very positive comments about our Bodega Bay home and its spectacular water views and location.
mebj
Karlstad, Sweden
“A nice place to stay but not excellent.”
Reviewed 28 May 2018 for a stay in May 2018

We stayed at this place during one week in May. For us the location was perfect because we wanted to explore the coast north of SFO as well as visit the more inland wine districts. There are many interesting and beautiful areas both as close as around Bodega Bay and also further away up and down the coast and inland.

The house is well equipped and reasonably well kept but not as clean as we had expected from previous reviews. We had to redo the dishes before using the plates and the bathroom we did use mostly (because it was warmer, it was really cold inside each morning) had a clogged up zinc.

The owner gives ample instructions regarding what to do and what not to do. Among these are instructions to use the garbage disposal but at the same time it is warned that the disposal easily clogs up.

For us this happened during some of the first uses and the owner suggested that I should take out parts of the piping to remove the plug. I did clean the plugged piping and this had material not at all related to our stay. But to be honest I find it quite unusual to be asked to fix piping problems at a rental location.

We would have rated this place higher if we had not experieced these problems.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
29 May 2018
Granted that there was a problem with the garbage disposal during this party's stay, however the renter told me that someone in their party had put banana peelings down into the garbage disposal. I told him that banana peelings will surely plug it up; he said he didn't know that. In the instructions that I send to all guests prior to their stay, cautions about not putting fibrous materials into the garbage disposal are included. However, I grant that banana peelings were not named specifically as material that should not be put into the garbage disposal. I hadn't thought that this would occur since banana peelings are quite fibrous and tough for any garbage disposal that I know of to handle. However, given this experience, that specific instruction to not put banana peelings into the garbage disposal is now included in the information I send to guests about their coming stay. In the future, without banana peelings in the garbage disposal, hopefully this problem will not recur. I do thank this guest for stating that had this problem not occurred he would have rated our house higher, with 4 or perhaps 5 stars out of 5. If he returns, without banana peelings in the garbage disposal, I trust that all will be well. When I suggested a fix for the plugged disposal to this guest, he said he was an engineer and that he could handle it. All engineers are welcome, and to this one, a special thanks.
Trip74645...
“We just arrived...splendid welcome...views galore and huge sunset...more to follow”
Reviewed 15 January 2018 for a stay in January 2018
people found this review helpful

Ken is a great host. Clean home Cosy and warm on our first night at beach home. Stars dotted the big sky...quiet oh!! so quiet...thanks Ken, we will stay the week in bliss. My husband is 89 years young and is delighted with my find and choice of beach home...so thanks for giving me brownie points from my hubby. Peace and joy
The Happy English Lady
Jackie

Your age range 65+
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
13 Apr 2018
Thank you, Jackie. What a pleasure to share our home with you and your 89 years young hubby! So glad that you enjoyed our home with its spectacular views of ocean and Bay. Please come again!
All the best,
Ken
Sam M
Melbourne, Florida
“very disappointing”
Reviewed 20 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
people found this review helpful

Contacted the owner upon arriving around 1:00PM, stating I knew we were early, but can we check in? He said wait, let me check to see if cleaning crew has already been there, within minutes he said go ahead use the key lockbox on front door and go in. We open the door and it is immediately apparent the cleaning crew had not cleaned the place. I called him back to inform him, and he said, "Well, in the past the cleaners do not always show up on Sundays. I will call them and see what I can do." Okay, meanwhile, we go to the local area to get something to eat, do a little wine tasting. We come back after 4:00PM, still no clean up. I call the owner, Ken and give him the update. He says, "Well, I can refund your cleaning fee." Wow, we paid $596.68 cents for two nights to come to a house where we have to clean it up, wash the towels and all bed linens? And you are going to offer to refund the $155.00 cleaning fee? We wanted a nice quiet place away from the big city for a couple of days, and ended up having to go buy laundry detergent, soap, and shampoo, then spend an hour cleaning the areas that we needed (kitchen, bathroom, bedroom). Oh, he did send me three pages of information via e-mail, that I received while we were eating on the arrival date, that laid out all the dos and don'ts, and the fact that NO toiletries or cleaning materials are provided. No vacuum cleaner, nothing; thanks but a little late, we already arrived! I will never utilize Flip Key, Trip Advisor or any other Air BbB outfit for my vacation. On a positive note, it is a nice area, home sits up above the bay with a nice view, but no where worth nearly $300.00 a night, even if you don't have to clean the place... I will try to post pictures.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
27 Dec 2017
As I found out later, my cleaning people had a last minute emergency and couldn't make it to do the cleaning as previously scheduled. My cleaning people were unable to reach me in time to let me know and so I was unaware of the situation until after Sam's Sunday afternoon arrival. Our prior guests had just left that morning. Bodega Bay is small and remote. On a late Sunday afternoon, unfortunately it was not possible to find anyone else to do the cleaning for Sam, thus I promptly refunded his cleaning fee in full. Readers, please note that we do not charge "nearly $300 a night," but much less, even in peak season. Readers, also please note that this negative review is not representative of our property, as one can see when reading our large number of other reviews Most of our reviewers give our property a 4 or a 5 out of 5 rating and many enjoy our home so much that they book again. It is truly unfortunate that we couldn't get our home cleaned before Sam's arrival. However, this is the first time that this has ever happened, out of the hundreds of guests who have stayed at our Bodega Bay home, with its stunning views of the Pacific ocean, Bodega Bay, and the Sonoma Coast. Please see the photos in our ad here at TripAdvisor to get just a glimpse of the beauty here. Apologies to Sam for not having gotten the cleaning done. Sometimes things happen, especially in emergencies, that are beyond one's control. We are working on finding a back-up cleaning crew for any future emergencies which might arise. Sam, we hope you will reconsider and book with us again. Our views of the ocean and the Bay are among the best anywhere in Bodega Bay and our prices are lower than most properties here. Sorry for the cleaning problem you experienced, but it couldn't be helped. We will make it up to you if you book with us again.
podaly
Sonoma, California
“Lovely break”
Reviewed 10 December 2017 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

This property has best location in Bodega. You can see most of bay and ocean from living room and deck. You are across Hiway 1 from Doran beach and minutes from the Tides. It was very quiet and peaceful. Plenty of room for small family or group. I will definitely book again.

27 Dec 2017
Perfect description of our home in Bodega Bay. Looking forward to having you stay again. I am here now and enjoying the early morning views of ocean, Bodega Head, the Bay and the Bodega Bay marina from our living room. Last night I woke up and saw so many stars from the sofa bed in the living room that it was like a being inside a planetarium. A seal barking in the night and the fog horn on Bodega Head were the only sounds under the bright shining stars.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing