“Wonderful restaurant”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 25 October 2012

We went to the Royal Oak early in the evening when it was very quiet. The restaurant is attractive with a pub-like decor. All the staff, especially our waiter Ryan, were friendly, efficient, and professional. My husband got the beef stroganoff, which he has eaten around the globe, and found it outstanding. I got the baked rigatoni, which was huge and delicious. We did not have room for dessert--unusual for us! I would definitely dine here again.

1  Thank PalmSpringsVisitors

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I had steak and potatoe and salad, it was very good, but not excellent, the steak was a little dry. Maybe overdone. The scallops were excellent, the best we ever had. I don't usually like them, but these were really good. The atmosphere is kind of british old pub, could use some upgrading.

1  Thank LakeArrowheadVicki
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Great food and good early bird prices. Needs to be brightened up a little but I guess its like a english pub so thats what they are going for. I had the rigatoni. So yummy! Kids has spaghetti and fish and chips. They enjoyed. Steaks looked great too

1  Thank Liana P
Reviewed 29 July 2012

My husband and I went to the Royal Oak around 7:30 on a week night. Although the bar was busy, there was only one other occupied table in the restaurant area, and that should have been a red flag. We were seated immediately and given water and menus...and then the staff disappeared. Occasionally we'd see our waitress come through the room to deliver dishes to the other two guests, but she never returned to our table. After several efforts to wave her down, my husband finally got her attention, and she said, "I'll be right there." Only she never showed up. A passing busboy promised to bring us some bread. Never happened. After 25 minutes of waiting to place an order, we left, hungry and disgruntled. Unless you have several hours for an extremely leisurely meal, choose another restaurant!

2  Thank Judith_S_11122
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I love the atmosphere here, and the food is great. They offer oysters rockefeller, and the steaks are to die for. The service was good and at one point I think the owner even stopped by our table to see how things were going. The pub has great music with a fabulous piano player and sometimes a sax player who is out of this world! LOVE THE OAK!!

1  Thank Jammie J