“Great food!”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Great food and good early bird prices. Needs to be brightened up a little but I guess its like a english pub so thats what they are going for. I had the rigatoni. So yummy! Kids has spaghetti and fish and chips. They enjoyed. Steaks looked great too

1  Thank Liana P

Reviewed 29 July 2012

My husband and I went to the Royal Oak around 7:30 on a week night. Although the bar was busy, there was only one other occupied table in the restaurant area, and that should have been a red flag. We were seated immediately and given water and menus...and then the staff disappeared. Occasionally we'd see our waitress come through the room to deliver dishes to the other two guests, but she never returned to our table. After several efforts to wave her down, my husband finally got her attention, and she said, "I'll be right there." Only she never showed up. A passing busboy promised to bring us some bread. Never happened. After 25 minutes of waiting to place an order, we left, hungry and disgruntled. Unless you have several hours for an extremely leisurely meal, choose another restaurant!

2  Thank Judith_S_11122
Reviewed 27 July 2012

I love the atmosphere here, and the food is great. They offer oysters rockefeller, and the steaks are to die for. The service was good and at one point I think the owner even stopped by our table to see how things were going. The pub has great music with a fabulous piano player and sometimes a sax player who is out of this world! LOVE THE OAK!!

1  Thank Jammie J
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Food is good, I am especially fond of the tableside Chateaubriand. This dish is reason enough to visit this restaurant. Wine list is decent. Staff are very friendly and the patrons at the bar are a lot of fun. The decor in the main room is very antiquated and there are wide variations in temperature depending on where you are sitting.

2  Thank Burningwick
Reviewed 5 March 2012

This is not to be missed. The service is excellent, the food is outstanding and the atmosphere is just right....not too loud and not too quiet.

Just do it! You won't regret it.

1  Thank Aristacah