I was looking for a hotel where I would be comfortable staying in all day and working online while my husband was here on business. I chose Creekside based on Trip Advisor reviews and I thank you all so much. This is one of the top hotels I have ever stayed in and I travel a lot.
First of all, the huge lobby and food area are so inviting and attractive when you come in. The photography hanging is spectacular. Of course, the most important thing is the room. My room was a creekside one and all day as I worked I could glance at the creek, watch and listen to the mallards and the small waterfall. I had a very comfy armchair with a hassock and a large T.V., not like the small ones in many hotels. I took short breaks from working just to sit on the balcony and get some sun while enjoying the view.
The bed was FABULOUS with a pillow top mattress and very soft and attractive linen. We both slept like at home. The room looks more like one in someone's home with nice furniture and wall paper that complements the draperies. A bonus was having 2 sinks in two parts of the bath area. ( I hate sharing a sink with sweet hubby.)
Breakfast was great...many choices...hot ones like eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, oatmeal. Cold ones like cereal, fruit, toast, bagels, English muffins and scones...and juices.
I was surprised that one reviewer called the breakfast average because I have had many more poor breakfasts than breakfasts like this one.
Then a special treat was at 7 P.M. when the most delicious assorted cookies are served....they are like my homemade ones. I was surprised because most hotel cookies are not worth the calories.
There were no housekeeping issues and our room was cleaned daily. I wonder what happened to one reviewer whose room did not get serviced. It must have been an exception.
The grounds are beautiful as the creek winds around it and the swimming pool is a big one, too. I hope my husband has business this way again because I would love to come back.
Oh, I had a king bed, creekside room and I chose upstairs because I am sensitive to people walking back and forth above me....especially if there are children. It was a big room and very quiet.
Location.....central...next door to the famous bakery in town and across the street from a place with pretty tasty ribs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover an inviting oasis mid-way between Los Angeles and Reno. A crackling fireplace, cozy seating, captivating photographs of the local landscapes and freshly baked cookies set the scene as you enter our lobby. Each of our 89 guest rooms feature complimentary wireless Internet, plush Simmons Felicity pillow-top mattresses, and a level of comfort unmatched by other area hotels. Our expert guest service staff can help plan the itinerary for your visit to Yosemite and Death Valley National Parks, as well as other memorable outdoor activities nearby to ensure you make the most of your getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda so you can book your Bishop Creekside Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Creekside Hotel Bishop
- Best Western Creekside Hotel
- Best Western Bishop
- Bishop Best Western