All reviewswafflesbreakfast areadog parken routemicrowave and fridgemammoth lakeswould stay againlas vegasstayed one nightmain streetpetstopbakerycalifornia
Reviewed 3 January 2018

I cancelled my reservation long before the deadline and received a cancellation number.
However, my credit card was charged for the total. I called several times, talking to the manager and emailing the owner, trying to get the charge removed. They would not help me because I did not have my cancellation number with me while traveling. Bad customer service.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Guestrelations2017b, Guest Relations Manager at Cielo Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear Guest - Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review. I apologize for this. Your satisfaction is important to us. Please email us with a phone number or email address so our Hotel Manager can discuss your issues personally.

Reviewed 4 December 2017

Going to Mammoth for a 2 day ski trip by myself on Thanksgiving day. It was a last minute decision, and I booked the 2st night (Friday night) while I was in my Bishop hotel on Thursday night, using a 3rd-party app. Checked in hotel around 9pm Friday night. The location of this hotel is great, right on main street, couple of doors down from Schat’s bakery. McDonald’s is across street. BTW, this is the old La Quinta Inn. Check in was simple and quick with a friendly gentleman. There is a bowling alley directly behind the hotel. Rooms face in; there is an interior hallway to all the rooms. So this hotel is newly remodeled; looks like remodeling was done just few months ago, and you can tell it’s done recently because it just looks new (although I believe the hotel itself is old). So I go to my room, its not very big (much smaller than Days Inn I just stayed the night before). But again, nice and new and brighter. There is no closet; only a cloth hanging platform and rod (maybe 2’ long) as you enter the room. It was OK for me since I was by myself but if you have tons of cloths to hang up, good luck. Also probably during the remodeling they moved the sink from bathroom out to the entry way. Also there is no bathtub, it’s a large shower area. Since the sink is outside of the bathroom, the bathroom looks big (previous reviewers have said the bathroom was tight). So far, everything looks fine. Wifi can be slow at times. Main problem came when it got later and I was trying to go to sleep. I was on the 1st floor. The floor above me squeaks loud. I’ve stayed at a lot of hotels and never encounter this. It squeaks really loud. It is not just foot steps, but loud squeaky floors. And the people were walking around that late at night which I don’t understand….but the problem is loud squeaky floors which drove me only slightly insane. I don’t know if other rooms are like this (maybe they missed a few nails during remodeling). Breakfast was actually not bad. Scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuit and gravy (and gravy is thick, not watery), in addition to the usual milk, OJ, bread, cereal….etc. And breakfast area is not bad, probably 5 times the size of Days Inn. Again, an OK place for the night. However, I’m a little emotionally shattered by, if I forgot to mention, the loud squeaky floors, so I’m not sure if I would want to experience that again. Other than that, it was a great little hotel.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank ChrisW70
Reviewed 5 September 2017

I am a former LQ Returns ELITE Level member staying 10 + times per year at LQ properties primarily in CA, NV and TX (plus and additional 70+ nights at other National Chains). Since 2005 when the LAST renovation at this property occurred, things only seemed to deteriorate from the LQ Standard of Quality and Customer Service and Satisfaction, while the pricing steadily increased with little or no maintenance being conducted.

NO Rooms were exempt from pets, so if any guest staying, like my young son, had pet allergies and or asthma we would be subjected to the risks, unknowingly if one did not ask. Even in the so-called 'suites', which is a another and separate disappointing issue with this property.

NOW, the management and corporate and local property website is not disclosing the fact that some day right after Labor Day 2017 this property will no longer be an LQ property.

I discovered this while trying to check rates on line via the LQ specific website(s) for a one night stay for myself. Every single night I checked, weekday or weekend, displayed the message 'Hotel Not Available for Requested Dates' and at the top of the page ' No rooms found for the given criteria'. I called the property directly requesting to speak to the manager to ensure the individual was informed there might be an IT error and it might be costing them business, let alone the more significant Customer Service aspect.

I was informed on two different phone calls that the manager wasn't available 'this week'. Interesting. When i brought up my booking challenge and the issues faced I was told by the hotel staff that the Hotel had been sold and the name would be changing sometime in September after Labor Day - HOWEVER, the front desk staff would be happy to take my reservation over the phone to hold a room for me.

When I inquired under what Hotel Company the reservation would be reserved under and how it would reflect on my charge card statement, the front desk staff did not know. RED FLAGS AND SIRENS!!

All of this occurred between August 13th and 25th, 2017 and as of this moment on Tuesday September 5th there is no information on the Bishop LQ Website page stating change of ownership and/or Branding. As I research and attempt to book a room for any night after September 6th, 2017 the site only states 'no rooms available that meet your criteria' as mentioned above.

Very disappointing from many perspectives and in direct comparison to the National and Local competition and a Business Standard that I would expect to be followed by La Quinta and in particular to their Rewards Customers Loyalty Program.

Room Tip: For a great room and experience, Stay Elsewhere
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank PAC626
Reviewed 2 September 2017

Recently remodeled; new paint and carpets, yet the brightest ugliest harshest lights ever in the hallways! Teeny bathroom doors (24" wide) grandfathered in.

Unappealing breakfast.

The staff was unengaged rather than deliberately unhelpful or unfriendly. The young woman behind the counter just. didn't. care.

If you are traveling with pets, as I was, and you want to slide in here late at night rather than ask around for another pet friendly hotel, then do so with my blessing. I certainly understand. Otherwise, I'm certain you can do better for the price.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Abby B
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We're a fire crew. Clerk told us one price for our rooms to help us out, the manager jacked the rooms up another $80 when his staff asked for a discount. We finally got rates discounted through the reservation service, then had to cancel because we were dispatched elsewhere. No where, in any part of the conversation was I informed of a 24 hour cancellation policy. WE ARE A FIRE crew, we don't get 24 hours notice. I would never have agreed to that. When I contacted them, in the morning, to cancel I was told flat out incorrect information. We did not even use the rooms and they still charged us for them. Don't expect any help from management regarding anything. Looks like they are just out for the $. Bad service, bad customer service. Two thumbs down.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank cntrysmls
LQ Customer Car... T, LQ Customer Care at Cielo Hotel, an Ascend Hotel Collection Member, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

We are very sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. Please reach out to our Customer Care team at LQCustomerCare@LQReviews.com so that we may better assist you.

Danielle