US$ 183
US$ 130
US$ 117
US$ 172
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleantravel lodgeyogurtcontinental breakfastdeath valleythe main streetmammoth lakeswould stay here againgreat place to stayfridge and microwavesecond floorfishing tripnice staystayed one nightcity parkroad tripstop
Reviewed 17 January 2018

BED BUGS. We booked our stay at the Travelodge for our week in Bishop. Everything was alright except for a couple nights into our stay my partner was finding little bites. Neither of us have ever experienced bed bugs so we shrugged it off as spider or mosquito bites. On our last night I walked into the bathroom and found a bug in the sink -- after some research we realized it was a female bed bug. Immediately we started inspecting the room and found a dead male right next to our luggage. The hotel told us this has never happened before and moved us to another room.
I went back to speak to the manager, Tracey, about being compensated. During our conversation she confirmed that they handled a bed bug situation in another room a week prior, which frustrated me because she said it wasn't necessary to check the other rooms. She apologized and gave us a night free. I was still very unsatisfied because if I had known they found bed bugs a week prior in another room I definitely wouldn't have stayed. After explaining how upset I was that they didn't investigate the other rooms for bed bugs after my friend's incident, and how for the past few nights we've been living in paranoia that we're being bitten and having to do $100 worth of laundry (the amount that was refunded to us) to hopefully remove them from our belongings Tracey had no sympathy and even had the nerve to accuse us of bringing them in. She said the room was heavily infested after we left and thought it was suspicious that we only found one bug. Here's a fun fact, bed bug eggs take up to 10 days to hatch. We stayed 6 nights. Those bugs were there long before we were. Tracey also laid down a Judge Judy quote, "if you don't like the steak, don't eat it" in regards to my request for a full refund. I understand where she's coming from, but if I knew the steak had bugs from the beginning I most definitely wouldn't have touched it.
It appears now they're trying to address the problem which is great -- I hope no one else has to deal with this nightmare. I will never return to this hotel, not only because of the bed bugs but also because of the rude and unsypathetic staff.

Room Tip: find a different hotel without bed bugs
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marc B
tracy383, General Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2018

I see this review as harassment because I would not give you a refund for the 6 nights you stayed. You brought this to our attention on your last night and instead of leaving you choose to except being moved to another room. You told me after I refunded you for one night that you and your friends were camping prior to arriving at the hotel. If I would have known this I wouldn't have given any discount. I'm sure you most likely were not aware, but I believe the bed bugs came from your camping trip since you did tell me you and your friends were itching and being bit by bugs before arriving here (I think that was a slip of the tongue). It's cold this time of year so more than likely it wasn't spiders and mosquitoes as you are now stating . It is unlike me to be so harsh when responding to a review, but your out right fabrication of what transpired is disturbing to say the least. And to clarify, I did not say another room had an issue with bed bugs. What was said was, you told me you had friends staying in another room and that they complained of bed bugs and left. With that I said so your friends were in your room and took bed bugs back to their room. You gave no response to that question neither did your friends. I did tell you that once it is brought to our attention we take immediate action to correct the problem which we did with both rooms. It's unfortunate we had problems with you and your friends from the beginning, starting with the car you admitted to hitting (you stated you saw no damages so that is why you didn't mention it) in our parking lot with your vehicle and then just driving off. A employee from the hotel across the street witness this and I told you if the guest has any damages he will be contacting me to get your info. I told you this is considered hit and run. You also didn't mention having a pet, a Jack Russell Terrier to be exact. Our fee is $15 per night, you were here for 6 nights. You brought bed bugs to our hotel, you were the cause of a hit and run and you also were deceitful about bringing a pet to avoid paying the $15 pet fee which totals $90 and with all that you want a full refund for your entire stay? Apology from you would be greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

We have stayed at this property in the past. It’s clean and a good value for the price. The location is good and there are plenty of places to eat within walking distance. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
tracy383, Cindy M/Front Desk at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for the 5 star review. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing your again on your next trip to Bishop!

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

My son 21 and I took off from LA to Mammoth on Friday about 5:00 pm. We got there about 9 pm. We checked in without any hassles (about 5-10min) and went to our room. My son was brushing his teeth and noticed the sink was plugged and leaking. I called the front desk and literally about 5 min later the front desk person was there with a new set of card keys to another room. We moved and fell asleep in very comfortable twin beds. Clean room, clean bathroom. Not a 5 star but one of the better places to stay in Bishop. The heater worked well without drying out our noses and the WiFi worked also. The room also came with a fridge and microwave. The simple continental breakfast is perfect before Skiing. I had orange juice, hot oatmeal and coffee. My son had yogurt and cereal. The staff was great and I would definitely stay here again. And while checking out the Manager gave me a discount for the ‘hassle’ of moving. Good stay.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank George M
tracy383, Cindy M/Front Desk at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review our motel. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay even with having to move to another room. We are happy you able to use some of the amenities we offer our guests like the Wi-Fi, and continental breakfast. Many of the guests also enjoy using the Jacuzzi after a fun day of skiing or hiking. We hope to see you again on your next skiing trip.

Reviewed 11 January 2018

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
tracy383, Guest Relations Manager at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018

Reviewed 10 January 2018

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
tracy383, Cindy M/Front Desk at Travelodge by Wyndham Bishop, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2018