“One of the Best!”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 11 November 2017

One of the Best places to eat in Bishop, Great fresh food and good service. It can be a little noisy, but it is really worth going there.

Reviewed 10 November 2017 via mobile

My wife and I decided to give Yamatani a try. We're glad we did since the food and friendly efficient service were really excellent. The salmon teriakyi I had was very fresh and perfectly cooked with a rich, dark rich sauce. My wife's beef sukiyaki was also very good. The restaurant was surprisingly busy for early Thursday dinner, with many locals and families streaming in, but it's easy to understand why. Next time if I don't get the salmon again, I'll try the shrimp and vegetable tempura I saw being deliver to the table next to us. Highly recommened.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Tasty food served in a large family friendly restaurant by friendly staff. Nothing fancy here, just nice, tasty dishes.

Reviewed 30 October 2017 via mobile

The menu is solid! Straightforward and authentic: the Maki section includes simple rolls mixed in a list with the 'special' rolls. Bottle of nigori sake came with large bar-styled glasses that fit the bottle perfectly between the two. Rolls are good as can be. Recommend the veggie crunch to anyone who wants a seafood-free option. The vampire roll was perfect for the halloween season

Our waitress was stuck serving the packed house with only the help of a host and someone bringing water/tea. She handled it quickly and effectively!

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

What a surprise in small town California... really delicious and fresh Japanese food at a good price. All five of us loved it with very different palates and tastes. Totally worth a visit!!! And the maitre d is that rare American who is both interested and knowledeable about the rest of the world!

Been to Yamatani Japanese Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK