“What An Experience!”

Cuisines: Pakistani
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Fine Dining Indian Cuisine
Reviewed 26 August 2018

We luckily made a reservation the week before and were greeted by the staff on our arrival. Before walking to our tables two parties were attempting to buy JUST THE TABLE for £100 each. Rightly so, the man in charge kindly declined as he had to prioritise the bookings first. The restaurant was completely packed and the atmosphere was great. We ordered our starters which were lovely king prawns and their special Halloumi fries which were very tasty. Our mains we had a variety of chicken and lamb dishes which were fork tender and flavoursome. We enjoyed our cocktails and chocolate samosa’s for dessert, they also gave my friend a free birthday dessert which was really nice of them. Not our first time here and won’t be our last either. Huge respect for the staff as they were very busy all night but yet the young man in charge kept stopping by to make sure we were ok and cracking a few jokes. Brilliant.

Date of visit: August 2018
2  Thank Trevor D

Reviewed 2 July 2018

From the food, to the service to the knowledge of the waiters were truly exceptional. We are great lovers of seafood and we know that the royal tandoori do sell scallops. However, we asked for it to come as a larger portion with some chefs special sauce. They did indeed cater for us and the food tasted amazing. We even took a picture and loved it. The waiters and waitress looked after me and my family really well and the kids enjoyed their desserts. We live nearer to the Selsdon branch but do try the Whyteleafe branch now and then. Keep up the great work guys.

Date of visit: July 2018
2  Thank lisa m
AishaMalikRT, Public Relations Manager at Royal Tandoori Whyteleafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2018

Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for taking some time to leave us a review, we really appreciate it. We are thrilled to hear you had an enjoyable experience and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

All the best,

Reviewed 3 June 2018

Four of us ate there on Saturday night. The service was friendly and good. We all agreed that our food was delicious and the best curry we had had for quite some time.

Date of visit: June 2018
2  Thank 999Edwina

Dear 999Edwina,

All the best,

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

We had a brilliant meal at the Royal Tandoori for my dad’s birthday last night. I hadn’t been to the restaurant for about ten years and have had a lot of curries elsewhere since, but this was one of the best I’ve had in a while. The lamb in my karahi was incredibly tender and the portion sizes very generous. All of the sides and starters, as well as the wine, were just as nice, and it was a lovely touch to provide a free dessert (with added sparkler) to my dad. I look forward to eating at the restaurant again soon.

Date of visit: May 2018
1  Thank adam_p_suffolk
AishaMalikRT, Public Relations Manager at Royal Tandoori Whyteleafe, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Dear Adam,

Thank you for taking some time to leave a review, we really appreciate it. We are glad you had an enjoyable experience with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again. Hopefully we will be seeing you more often.

Kind Regards

PR Manager

Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

I took all my friends for a birthday meal on the weekend to my parents favourite restaurant the royal tandoori. The atmosphere and food were amazing, they really looked after my friends & I. Gave us a wonderful birthday cake with the biggest candle which was so good. We all really enjoyed it and big credit to the staff working there as they were really busy but didn’t let any standards slip throughout the evening! Will be back and I’m sure my friends will be back as new customers for them for sure

Date of visit: May 2018