“Great for Family”

Nick's On the Beach Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 11 June 2017

We had a party of 14 and were allowed to make reservations (not all family-type restaurants take reservations). Service was very pleasant and accommodating. Side portions were large. Fried food had a "light" batter which allowed the actual flavor of the seafood to be enjoyed. Thanks for making our dinner so enjoyable!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

The only plus of our experience was the waitress tried to be nice but she seemed to be covering 95% of the entire place and the one other waitress covered only 1 table. Our orders were taken from the limited menu with 2 drinks, one appetizer and 2 entrees. Well we got our drinks and then the cook from the kitchen brought out our entrees and basically dropped them on the table. When we informed her that we never received our appetizer she responded with "Oh really" and left. We never did get that and what seafood we did get in our entrees was highly overpriced for the quality of the food. Guess they figured we were only there for spring break so they did not have to try to hard for quality? The waitress did take the cost of the drinks off our bill but we still paid over $60 for 2 low quality meals. :(

3  Thank timlafferty
Reviewed 1 April 2017 via mobile

We had an exceptional meal here, and an exceptional experience to boot. The staff was endearing and attentive.
We ordered the fried crab claws, Chicken Finger plate, and the grilled shrimp sandwich. The crab claws were so good! I could've eaten the basket by myself. The tarter and cocktail sauces were homemade and fresh. Our entrees arrived freshly made and hot. The shrimp had some sort of pesto-like seasoning on it that was really, really good. For dessert, we ordered their French Silk pie. If it wasn't considered bad manners to lick the plate, I would've. We certainly enjoyed our meals here!

Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

If I could give negative stars I would. One of the worst dining experiences I've had in a really long time. What made matters worse is that not a single employee knew how to handle the situation. Bad food, service, atmosphere....attitudes. I would never return.

Reviewed 27 July 2016

Our server was extremely helpful and nice. Our party of two had to wait more than 25 minutes for a table so when we got seated, we were starving. She let us know the kitchen was backed up and recommended we get a salad while we waited. She even took the time to make one to order (can't eat onions). There were lots of large groups and at least one party left because it was taking so long. It did take a while for our blackened grouper which was a bit greasy. I would much rather have had another fine meal at the Red Bar, but we were trying to branch out a bit. It was crowded and the piano player was not good. Food was just so-so, so I would recommend going elsewhere, but the server sure was nice.