“A bit of a trip in time”
Review of The Beverly Hilton

The Beverly Hilton
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Toronto, Canada
“A bit of a trip in time”
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I love retro and I was not disappointed. The architecture of the building screams mid-century and I love that! The room was large, luxurious and modern. We got in too late to eat at Trader Vic's/Circa 55 but we got to walk around and the surroundings were delightful. We did not see stars but the place definitely has an aura of stardom. Staff is wonderful (we loved that our valet handed us two chilled small bottles of water as we got out of the car). We found the price to be a litttle steep, but I suppose that if you are in Beverly Hills, you must pay as Beverly Hillsians do! The location surprised me - the Hilton is deep into BH and a $30 cab ride to Hollywood and Vine. While that turned me off initially, I soon appreciated that we were in a very special enclave and away from the riff raff. Lovely! Oh, and before I forgot: BEST pillows EVER.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank M Charles F
BeverlyHilton, E-Commerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
So glad you enjoyed our amazing pillows! Makes falling asleep away from home that much easier. Our staff strives to make every stay memorable and we are happy you had a great stay. See you next time!

-The Beverly Hilton
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (625)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed 18 April 2012

I stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms and I was very pleasantly surprised. This is an old school hotel that is still very hip and current. Best of all it was convenient and quiet. Internet worked great, staff was friendly, and the valet service was prompt. It was a great value and I will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: There was a $30 upcharge for a newly remodeled room. While I disagree with the premise of upselling...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Thanks for sharing your stay! We are very happy you enjoyed our location, staff and internet service. We will share your kind words with our staff. See you next time!

Annan, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We stayed here in September last year just after staying at the Las Vegas Hilton which was terrible. I could not fault one part of this hotel! Service was brilliant, rooms were exceptionally clean and the atmosphere was buzzing. 5 star!!!!

Room Tip: Rooms are definately better in the new part of the hotel!
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bruna P
Glad you enjoyed your stay with us! We will share your kind words with our staff. See you back soon!

London
Reviewed 17 April 2012

I was interested to see what this place was like after I hearing about the Whitney incident and I have to say I was disappointed. I was there for a work conference and while it was perfectly comfortable things that really stuck out for me (bearing in mind my visit was a month ago):
- no bath in my room
- room service was extortionately priced. I ordered from the children's menu.
- gym had multiple broken machines
- breakfast was over-crowded and difficult to find a table
- not walking distance from any amenities.
- air conditioning was erratic - some rooms overly warm, some freezing.
- extortionate costs of the buiness centre (do not get colour copies of anything).
I'm used to fantastic service in the US and while this hotel did have lovely staff, fantastic house-keeping and very tasty food, there wasn't anything special that justified the additional cost.

Very average.

Room Tip: If you want a bath or view - ask in advance!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed at the Beverly Hilton in February to celebrate our daughters birthday. The service at the hotel was pretty good. We stayed in a Junior suite, which was clean and spacious. We also loved the large balcony!! Its not too bad of a walk to Rodeo Drive from the hotel. But I wish it had been a little bit closer. Room service was good, but expensive. Trader Vic's was great! We had a great breakfast outside by the pool! We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
BeverlyHilton, E-Commerce Marketing Manager at The Beverly Hilton, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
So happy you enjoyed our spacious balconies and poolside dining. We hope your daughter had a fabulous birthday and to welcome you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#5 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Beverly Hills Hotel
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#2 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Central L.A
Sofitel Los Angeles at Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hilton? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK