“No, no, no if you travel by yourself.”

The Beverly Hills Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 2 May 2012

The hotel is undergoing vast renovations but I had booked one of the new bungalows which has been properly redone (great bathroom).
The issue is with the fact that when you travel alone you become a marginal client!!
As you can see from picture 1 I was sent to bungalow 24C, tucked away near the technical engine for the pool; please note the pipes welcoming you. Probably management never heard of screens.
The view from the window (picture 2) is a wall and a service door; really ugly.
Finally, and this is frankly unacceptable, is picture 3. I wanted to have lunch by the pool and all the tables were set for 4 or more guests (they do not serve food at poolside). When it was my turn I did not get a table, I was sent to the bar. The bar gives your back to everything and makes you stare at sinks, blenders, busy waters and a wall with hygienic notices: AWFUL!!!
The audio was a mix of conversations between waiters about orders, phone ringing and the noise of blenders crushing ice. When asked why I could not get a table (2 were clearly available) the reply was that table were for "more customers, as a single I could eat at the bar".
I know cash from a table of 4 or 5 is higher than from me alone but is it correct to treat me like that??? (remember no food available at poolside so either you eat staring at what is shown in picture 3 or you go and eat inside)

Next trip (may 2012) Peninsula or Bel Air here I come!!!!

Room Tip: do NOT accept bungalow 24C
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
35  Thank LucaNavigator
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for The Beverly Hills Hotel

Reviewed 26 April 2012

I happen to like the old-fashioned charm of this place, but it is definitely dated. Our room was lovely, though the bathroom could benefit from a refresher (brass fixtures with the finish and edges eaten away for example). We had a nice patio, but it was so overgrown, it felt a bit claustrophobic to me. I prefer something more open, though if privacy was your goal, you would be well served. Very good, very friendly service. Room service and housekeeping seemed especially eager to please.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank hoh_11
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stayed at this Grand Dame hotel for a girls trip. The rooms were not ready when we arrived and were not ready until after 5 pm but when we complained they sent wine and cheese to the rooms when we did get in, and included a free breakfast for the 4 of us. That service is indicative of what the staff will do to make you feel pampered and special. The service is what you would expect and more from a 5 star hotel and the rooms are lovely but the hotel is in need of a renovation and unfortunately for us it was getting one while we were there. There was a lobby renovation taking place which which was a bit of an inconvenience. The gym is depressing and small. Lunch by the pool was pretty , but the food was nothing special. And though we had a comfortable stay and loved the location I found the price high for what we got.

Room Tip: There are long hallways in the main hotel so you might want to ask to not be too far from the elevat...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank travel58
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I always finish of my trips to LA with a slurge on 5* hotel with no expense spared in the Beverly Hills area. I have tended to stay in the Beverly Wilshire but have also stayed in the Beverly Hilton. This time I thought I would have a change and stayed in the BH hotel & Bungalows. This was the best choice I have ever made, From pulling up in the car to walking to Reception the person knew who I was before a word was even spoken. A room was not availible for the early check-in however an upgrade was given & there was only a short delay which gave me time to wander the grounds and visit the shops on the lower level. The room was immaculate as was the hotel. The house car was availible for short trips which we used. Stayed March 2012

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2012

In today's world the use of superlatives are thrown around to the extent that they often lose their meaning. Everything is awesome, or incredible, or amazing. The Beverly Hills Hotel is all of these and so much more. From the time you arrive, the staff welcomes you and calls you by name. (I've been here before and know its not a fluke.) Your room will be perfect; everything fresh and in good working order. The food you will enjoy in the Polo Lounge will be delicious and expertly prepared and presented. This is a 5 Star Hotel by which every other 5 Star Hotel should be measured. The only saddness you will feel is when its time to leave, because you will miss all the luxury and attention you've grown used to. My wife and I are already planning another trip back.

Room Tip: We've been in regular room, I suggest one that is on the ground floor with a patio, and the bung...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bob W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#1 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Westside
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
The Beverly Hilton
The Beverly Hilton
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to The Beverly Hills Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK