“Hidden Luxury Close to the Triangle with Personal Touches to Make You Feel Like Hollywood Royalty.”

Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Reviewed 7 June 2012

I've stayed at L'Hermitage enough times to know it is a stand-out experience. The rooms are generously spacious, with enviable closet space, and a bathroom that you would expect more likely to find at a spa than in a hotel room. I always get a room facing Burton, which is actually Little Santa Monica, but traffic is never an issue, either with noise or with trying to get to the hotel. I love to open the windows in the morning with my room-service breakfast and get a feel for the day's weather, usually glorious. I stayed there the night of the Grammys, and every guest's room was treated to a special confectionery treat that was so astounding, I think I am going to hell just for looking at it, let alone eating each delicious bite. The Golden Triangle of famous Beverly Hills shopping is only blocks away, as are some amazing restaurants, both casual and for fine dining, and the hotel's in-house restaurant is deliciously decadent as well. Should you prefer to find more exotic fare, ask the concierge to set you up with some reservations (they can do last minute and excellent tables) and maybe a car and driver for the night so you can sample the cocktail menu or go out later and not worry about who is behind the wheel. Speaking of which, the lounge at L'Hermitage boasts a diverse drink menu, fabulously relaxed atmosphere, and you may even have a star sighting or three. And then it's back to your gorgeous room with - I swear - the most comfortable bed I've ever experienced. I even called to see where they got their mattresses. But let me not forget the staff. They are the most dedicated, polite, eager to make your stay the very best it can be, genuine, knowledgeable, and truly wonderful group of people I've ever been fortunate enough to know, let alone have wait on me. There was a certain waiter in the lounge in the evening, and every time I came in, for 4 years, he greeted me and any of my adjoining company that he knew - and it literally blew my mind each time - by name, and the correct name. I don't know if that was just a talent he had, but it was indicative of the type of attention you can expect to receive at L'Hermitage. 5 Star quality of excellence each and every time. I cannot recommend this hotel higher.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Raveninred
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Dear Raveninred,

Wow! Thank you for writing such an overwhelmingly positive review. We really appreciate your compliments about L'Ermitage Beverly Hills and are lucky to have loyal guests like you staying at our property.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 June 2012

I've stayed at this hotel multiple times. The staff is generally very friendly and courteous. But this last time was truly a horrible experience. I checked out early because i could not stand it.

I arrived and although there were five idle valets talking, they did not come out to help me with my bags or come up to give me a ticket. The desk in my room had jagged splinters sticking out of it. After grazing my foot on the side i told the front desk. They said they would repair it but didn't. When i told the front desk again, the man interrupted me saying they knew about the problem. Finally the shower was broken in my room. Asked them to repair it and they broke something else. The carpeting and fixtures also seemed a bit worn this time.

Think it may be time to try somewhere else....

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank bicoastaltraveler5
Management response:Responded 1 July 2012

Dear Bicoastaltraveler5,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Please accept my apologies that you were not properly welcomed upon arrival. I am truly sorry that your experience here did not meet your expectations. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2012

L'Ermitage was a fantastic place to stay in LA. We arrived a bit early in the day and were given an upgrade. Monica on the front desk was particularly helpful with things, but all the staff were fantastic. The room was also the best one we stayed in during our trip to Beverly Hills. A brilliant hotel that serves great food too. There's also a car service for trips to the surrounding area, which is pretty useful too.

2  Thank Clay J
LermitageBH1, Front Office Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear Clay J,

Thank you for sharing your experience at L'Ermitage Beverly Hills with your fellow travelers. We appreciate the kind words about our staff and look forward to your next visit.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 6 June 2012

I stayed this hotel for two nights. It was a very pleasant experience.
The staff are very welcoming and friendly, They all learned and remembered my name.
The room is spacious. Huge bathroom, as matter of fact, it's the biggest bathroom among all the luxury hotel I stayed. and there is a balcony. The view is just the back of an alley nothing special but it's especially quiet.
I asked them to turn on the heat for me. They sent a technician which took 20 minutes. But the guy was very professional and quick with his job.
Valets are efficient, deliver your car in seconds.
The location is good. about 10 mins drive to beverly hill and the shopping area.
Considering the price I paid, which is only 250 per night. I thought it was well worth the money. I would definitely stay there again the next time.

1  Thank Lu B

Dear Lu B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Our good friends just got married this past Saturday (5/26/12) and my husband and I wanted to treat them to a special wedding gift. Since they were looking for a hotel to stay at on their wedding night, my husband and I researched options and decided to purchase them a one-night stay on their wedding night at L'Ermitage due to the reviews on TripAdvisor, the hotel's reputation for service, and availability. I called reservations twice (the first time I had called after in-house reservations hours and was told that it would be easier to speak with in-house reservations). I spoke with someone in reservations who told me it wouldn't be a problem - she took down the guests' names, my email address, and my credit card to hold the rooms. I indicated that I wanted the room and tax to be billed to the credit card I gave her, and she told me she would send me a credit card authorization form to send back to the hotel. I received an email on 5/14/12 with confirmation of the reservation, but no credit card authorization form. I assumed the credit card authorization form would be sent to me once the charges were finalized, so decided to wait. I received a pre-stay survey from the hotel two days later on 5/16/12, which I responded to, again indicating that the hotel stay was a gift, that I would appreciate it if any small gesture could be made for the newlyweds, and that if there were any issues the hotel should contact me. Saturday, 5/26th, came and went - I actually dialed the hotel at 7pm on Saturday (shortly after the beautiful wedding occurred) just to confirm that all was going smoothly and to let the hotel know that the guests would be checking in later that night, but in-house reservations was closed and I ended up just hanging up (after all, I had already indicated that the guests would arrive sometime after 8pm and thought I had done all that I could do to ensure they had a nice and error-free stay). Fast forward to three days later and two days after they had checked out, and I still had no credit card authorization form and there were no charges billed by the hotel to the credit card I had given to them. After a weekend spent with a very sick toddler and a six-month-old baby, today was the first time I had some time to follow up. I dialed the hotel at 10:30am and explained the situation - I was transferred to someone in accounting, with whom I left a message. Having not heard anything back (in the meantime, my husband was trying to follow up with the very busy groom), I tried again at 1:30pm and asked for the front office manager. I got transferred to the restaurant (?!?) and was told by the person at the restaurant that the phone there could not make transfers. I dialed back and finally left a message with Ramita Suwanworabun, the Front Office Director. She called me back 15 minutes to confirm my fears - the hotel night, taxes, and incidentals had all been booked to one of the guests' cards (the bride's, we found out later - it had been too awkward for them to tell us). As I indicated to Ms. Suwanworabun, I am absolutely appalled and horrified by the error. What was intended to be a thoughtful gesture had become awkward for all parties involved. (We had hoped for the gift to be generous without being all about money, and without putting any sort of burden upon the recipients.) Not only did they now know the dollar amount of the gift we had given, but they had also been asked for payment upon checkout the following morning when my husband and I had stressed that the stay was a gift and had even sent them the email confirmation I had received (missing payment amount and details). As I indicated to Ms. Suwanworabun, I have purchased hotel stays at other lesser resorts and hotels as gifts for friends and have never had this sort of issue. I do not know how I could have done more to request that the hotel bill me directly - after today, I had a total of 6 conversations with them, not to mention the pre-stay survey that I had diligently responded to (what is the point of taking a survey if you are not going to review the response?). I also received a post-stay survey in the mail today that you can be sure I will be responding to. (Again, I've received all of the correspondence for this stay and yet when I ask to be billed for the night, they cannot accommodate this?) Ms. Suwanworabun reversed the charges and placed them on my card, and also agreed to provide the newlyweds with a dinner on the house, but the damage has already been done. We paid $480 (again, since the cost has already been disclosed to all parties) for an experience that left a bad taste in our mouth and the newlyweds'. How can a hotel of this caliber that prides itself on its service commit an error like this? Oh how I wish I had booked a stay at the Four Seasons as a gift instead!!!!

4  Thank mama2paige
LermitageBH1, Manager at Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2012

Dear Mama2paige,

Thank you for going to so much trouble to post your experience with us. Again, we are sorry for the clerical error that caused you any embarrassment. As you have pointed out, this is not something you would expect from a hotel of our caliber and it is certainly the exception and not the rule. Furthermore, as you suggested, we very much look forward to welcoming the newly weds back for dinner at our signature restaurant, LIVELLO, very soon.

Spencer Yeo
Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
Beverly Hills
Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
The Peninsula Beverly Hills
#4 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel
#6 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK