“Great food, great atmosphere, great wine, fair prices but horrible maitre'd”
Review of Enoteca Drago - CLOSED

Enoteca Drago
Price range: US$ 31 - US$ 40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Beverly Hills
Cross street: Brighton Ave.
Reviewed 25 March 2012

My husband and I go frequently to this wonderful little jewel of a restaurant in Beverly Hills, where the wine selection is sublime - one of the best in the city. It's usually well visited but not mobbed with people. The prices are reasonable, the food is delicious, fresh, the waiters are sweet and knowledgeable. This is part of the Celestino family whose restaurants are the gold standard in LA. Tonight I had the first and only bad experience I've ever had there. The maitre'd, someone I'd not met before, I think his name is Dusko, was incredibly rude, arrogant and so insulting my client and I were shocked. When we disagreed with him he wouldn't leave the table, and finally unbelievably told us "I run things here and I'm making a decision - you may not eat here. You must leave!" I've never been asked to leave a restaurant, especially one I love and one I constantly bring clients to. For food, value, ambience and nice people I definitely recommend you go here, but beware, this man's rudeness ruined our evening. We ended up leaving and going to another restaurant, which I'm sure the esteemed owners of this and their other restaurants would not be pleased about

Date of visit: March 2012

Reviewed 2 February 2012

I have been to the mountaintop and found it in Beverly Hills. I have been to more than one fine restaurant in LA, but Enoteca Drago did everything, and I mean everything, right. The wine was perfect, and I am fussy. The salad was fresh and delicious and the entree, if given to world leaders, could cause peace to break out. No reason for desert with such a perfect meal, except that the waiter made it sound irresistible ( ok, I'll go back to my diet tomorrow).
It , the butterscotch citron crumble, was worth every calorie. Every aspect of this evening, the relaxed atmosphere, the delicious food, the fine wine all made me glad that there will be more opportunities to return before I have to leave LA.

Date of visit: January 2012
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Enoteca Drago is exactly what it tries to be: a medium-high end Italian restaurant. We've been there four times now, and everything we've tried has been good -- salads, pasta, fish, pizza. Nothing was world-beating "you've got to try this, it is the best I've ever had." But, by definition, that is rare! The service is fine, the restaurant is comfortable, and the prices are reasonable for what you get, especially in Beverly Hills. Personally, I prefer Da Pasquale, which has a more homey atmosphere, but we will probably continue to go to both places.

Date of visit: January 2012
Reviewed 27 January 2012

very good in todays world is great. the restaurant on Canon Drive in beverly hills has great food. The noise can sometimes be loud but the upstiars private small dining is great......chopped salad is awesome

Reviewed 7 January 2012

Dined here, on New Years Day, and was a very pleasant surprise not only was the food excellent, but the service was probably best received in restaurants we used in the area, we were served by a young lady called Amanda who deserves a mention and must I say she was excellent and attentative and very professional in service, and the food also excellent, so it made a nice change, to get both, which in my experience is not that common in California.

Date of visit: December 2011