Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Beverly Hills
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Perfection!”
Reviewed 16 April 2012

My family and I stayed in the Beverly wiltshire on route to Hawaii and I have to say that, we ended up wishing we were staying for longer than our 4 nights!!!

Initially we were sceptical about staying in this hotel with our 3 year old daughter but we could not have been more wrong! There was a cookie with her name on it, a rucksack and bath sponges spelling her name in our room waiting for her, the staff went out of their way to talk to her and as our stay coincided with Easter, we spent a fun half hour on a scavenger hunt with concierge looking for treats! Perfect! It was also my step daughter's 21st birthday and when we told a member of staff, a cake was sent up to our room!

We had a 2 bed suite which was large and had the most comfortable bedding I have ever experienced and no detail went overlooked. The cocktails in the bar were wonderful and the location, opposite rodeo drive, must be one of the nicest in the world.

The fitness centre was great and although other people have criticised the pool area, we found it perfectly sufficient and relaxing! We can definitely recommend the bar snacks - huge portions and yummy! G for the fruit platter!!!

My family and I cannot praise the staff enough for their wonderful service and genuine enthusiasm - we will be back here again in a shot...but definitely for more than 4 nights!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Happygirl313
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank so much much for your truly kind feedback. I am absolutely delighted that we got you and your daughter right!

Travel time for families can often be a bit hectic and I am truly pleased that we were able to create some lovely memories.

We look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to Beverly Hills.

Hotel Manager
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I just returned from another stay at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel and I can honestly say that it is the best hotel in LA. I have stayed at other 5 Star hotels in LA (Peninsula, the other Four Seasons) but for my money the Beverly Wilshire is the place to stay! The service is top notch and the rooms are fabulous. This hotel should be your only choice if you are looking to stay in the Beverly Hills area.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 April 2012

Wow, I try always and find the positives and write a balanced review, but this time I am struggling all around here. Maybe the "location" we could say was a plus, however even this turned out to have a major downside as I found the lobby was continually filled with randoms and tourists taking photos who were not guests, not celebrities, not A-listers or even real housewives of Beverly Hills...actually, usually families or groups taking photo after photo of themselves in front of the cheesy tacky Christmas tree. So, that aside, lets get to the nuts and bolts of it. The room was really really exceptionally 'average'. Quite 3-star American airport style, kind of used, tired and sad feeling. Yes, "sad feeling" is an apt expression. Like a faded star, the party that everyone has left and your kind of the last person there and you look around and all the cool people have moved on (to the Penisular no doubt, around the corner). Now to specifics, the concierge did not have a clue in the world about whats on hip or happening in the area, the restaurant recommendations were disastrous, even a trip to Disneyland was miscalulated in the taxi fare by 200% and wait time for rides by an even larger margin of error. The room service is my main bugbear. To charge 6 bucks to bring a 4 dollar coffee to the room, then to forget that we ordered 2, so to return 30 minutes later with the second coffee, and charge another delivery fee, is nothing short of ridiculous - also to send staff that quite frankly move at the pace of the fanous reptile from the fable of the hare and the tortoise, made it even more irritating - I have never seen older nor slower room service staff in my global travel experiences...and we were in a pair of adjoining rooms/suite ! Anyway, breakfast was ludicrously expensive, painfully slow, irritatingly unprofessional and erroneous repeatedly - in the end we just didnt bother and preferred to go and catch a cab and eat out elsewhere. The "limousine" service provided by the hotel for the neighbourhood is a nice touch however as we waited 25 minutes for the driver to go to the bathroom and then get himself a coffee (we already know this is a painfully slow experience) it really "peaked" for me when I overhead him say to the doorman in a not too subtle comment - "dont let them in or touch the car !" nice - and then the guy asked for a tip when we finally got to our restaurant 25 minutes later and 500m from the hotel ...
The hotel is not at all up to the standards usually associated with the Four Seasons, I could not recommend it to anyone, and I would have to say that 2 weeks later I was back in LA and stayed this time around the corner at the Peninsular, and it was a WORLD of difference. Thumbs down to the BevWilshire, I was a loyal customer in the past but the last 2-3 times I have been there I have noticed the service and quality and ambience slide, I gave it the benefit of the doubt but no more, its done, old and sad.

Room Tip: Stay in the back section only.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank EmaJayKay
Dear Valued Guest,

I was truly sorry to learn that your stay with us in December was a disappointment.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the service you received from the Concierge, Guest Services and Room Service teams. Rest assured, we are capable of much better.

I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak to you directly about your experience as clearly it is not indicative of a Four Seasons experience.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The hotel is fantasticly situated ,right on the end of Rodeo Drive ,so you can walk the entire area. The property is a little old and the staff is not what i am used to get at a Four Seasons. We got an upgrade to a suite that was nice, but average. Our sons got a room in the new building wich had a very nice balcony facing the pool but it was locked, it was only for decoration purposies. Great restaurant -The Cut- fastastic meat. The other restaurant -The Boulevard- serves good food but with very loud live music ,hardly a nice athmosphere for family dining. One can not enjoy
the bar as well ,because after diner you also have a DJ playing music at an extremely loud tone .It is difficult to imagine this hotel as a Four Seasons. We got a very rainy day and there was'nt any umbrellas available! We are great fans of Four Seasons hotels but i don't think i'ii stay at this one again.

Room Tip: those facing the pool are nice but don't expect to go out on your balcony
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank isabel a
BevWilHotel, Manager at Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel), responded to this review, 12 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am truly sorry that your recent stay with us was not what you expected.

The Beverly Wilshire is wholly committed to providing our guests with exceptional experiences. Clearly that was not the case with your stay and I would be delighted if you would contact me directly as I would very much like the opportunity to apologize in person.

Please know that we are capable of much better and would very much appreciate the chance to welcome you back.

Hilo, Hawaii
Reviewed 10 April 2012

On a recent brief visit to CA from Hawaii we went to the GREAT restaurant in the front facade of the "BEV" that faces Rodeo drive with all those oh so loud Ferraris, Lambos, the odd Bugatti and custom Bently and those Oh so common Beamers...
Yes brunch was a $100 bucks but where else can you get such expensive scenery..PLUS be at the Pretty woman Hotel with superb...if a little slow service...I can also highly recommend sitting at the bar inside if you are alone for superb service and amazing value....if you have enough for ONE splurge ...do it here..!!

Room Tip: Good table in this case.....go a little early...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank arno1
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on the brunch experience in THEBlvd.

We completely agree that it is a wonderful spot to get the true Beverly Hills experience.

Look forward to welcoming you back when your travels next bring you to Los Angeles.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Beverly Hills
#7 of 15 in Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
Montage Beverly Hills
#9 of 15 in Beverly Hills

Been to Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK