Beverly Wilshire Beverly Hills (A Four Seasons Hotel)
SIXTY Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 447
US$ 279
SixtyHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 557
US$ 467
  • Room Service
Sirtaj Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 269
US$ 261
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 592
  • Pool
Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 347
US$ 330
Travelocity
  • Pool
Hotel Beverly Terrace(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 302
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
The Peninsula Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 753
US$ 690
  • Pool
Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 315
US$ 269
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Beverly Hilton(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 368
US$ 317
  • Restaurant
Crescent Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 275
US$ 263
  • Breakfast included
2,136 results
All reviewspretty womancut restaurantrodeo drivewolfgang puckroom serviceone bedroom suiteupgraded to a suiterolls roycebeautiful hotelhouse carpool areaan upgradepeople watchingluxury hotelcar serviceamazing servicelevel of service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 February 2012

Luxurious hotel across the street from Rodeo Drive.. expect to bump into celebrities (or look-a likes)..

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I'll start by saying, overall, our stay at the Beverly Wilshire was once again pleasant. This is the third year in a row I have stayed at this hotel. We stayed at this hotel most recently mid November 2011, prior to heading down to Disney's Grand California Hotel.

Upon arrival the greeting staff were excellent again, very helpful and curteous. We were escorted to reception where the staff were helpful. We had a studio suite in the Wilshire wing (same as our previous trips). Upon check in the children were welcomed and given a choice of soft toys to keep.

Our room was lovely. We paid for the American Girl package so there was a bed for the American girl doll waiting in the room and 2 personalised star cookies with the girls names on. Lovely touch.

We took the complimentary house car to The Grove and visited the American Girl shop. The car staff were excellent and helpful.

Upon returning we decided to book for dinner at Mr Chow's restaurant which was fantastic, (don't listen to bad reviews I believe they are based more on the cost of the bill as it was a little pricey.. but worth it.) The conciege organised this reservation and was very helpful. The house car drove us there and picked us up again.

We enjoyed drinks at the bar at night and breakfast at The Bvld. Both had excellent service and nice food and drinks with good prices.

OUR PROBLEM with the stay was we paid cash upon check out and later discovered (while using the Business Centre at Disney's Grand Californian) that The Beverly Wilshire had also charged my credit card for the same stay. I found being charged twice for the one stay at a Four season's hotel unacceptable. I called the hotel to inform them what had happened and they said they could not do much about it but the charge would be reversed but I would have to contact my bank (in AUSTRALIA). Not good enough. I then found out because it was an international transaction the money would not be available to me for a week or so. I then had to use my savings account which luckily was a visa debit allowing me to withdraw money overseas.

I will stay at the Wilshire again but am still unsure whether I will stay this September for my next trip or wait until the following trip in May. Had I not had the bad experience with the billing department, I would not be giving it a second thought, I would definitely have been staying at The Wilshire. The service, location and quality of the hotel is fantastic. I would however pay with credit card upon check out and ensure I was only charged once.

Room Tip: Request the Wilshire wing
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2012

The Beverly Wilshire is a beautiful hotel right on the corner of Rodeo and Wilshire right in the heart of the best BH luxury shopping. The hotel is a landmark and busy with tourists. My husband and I stayed here one night while we were in the area for business. We hadn't been before but wanted to check it out. I listened to other TripAdvisor members for the room suggestion and it was definitely the right choice- newer wing in the back, top floor w/ terraces overlooking the pool is the way to go! When we arrived we were running late for a meeting so the staff had our bags up to our room asap and were very friendly and very accommodating. The BLVD restaurant in the hotel was great food and great people watching. We walked to Villa Blanca for dinner which was excellent. Love Wolfgang Puck so would go back again to try Cut. I'm sure there are places that are newer and sleeker like Montage or Peninsula but would definitely recommend it here if you want a Beverly Hills experience.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 February 2012

BACKGROUND

My last review seems to have been lost. As summary last time in was a tale of two hotels (The Beverly Wing and the Wilshire Wing.) Last time on arrival we were given a suite in the Beverly Wing which on paper met our expectations. Two bathrooms and living room with a fold out sofa bed for our son and a separate bedroom. However even without renovations going I found the room very noisy and cramped. The hole back building IMO has a tacked on feel and I did not get the experience I wanted. When I complained we were moved to a suite in the front building - the Wiltshire Wing - and even though it had only one bathroom it was perfect for us and we loved every minute.

THIS TIME

So when it came time to choose our hotel this year I checked the prices of the suite we stayed in and it was over $1300 per night. We loved this so much I was concerned about anything else not living up to expectation and was not prepared to accept a room in the Beverly wing I decided to go back to our old favourite The Beverly Hills Hotel but this time take a bungalow. Well this turned out to be a disaster - upon arrival we were shown to our room and although it was large it looked quite dated, was right on the road (no security) and was not representative of the photos on their website. Also it had two single beds. They claimed they only had one other room (another bungalow) available for that night which they showed us. It had a king bed but was small cramped and really daggy. We had absolutely loved our room in the main hotel on our last visit and the service was second to none - every thing about it was great and perhaps the best breakfast ever. Although they were very pleasant and tried to be helpful I just got the feeling they did not really care about us - being 3 bedraggled Australians not famous or rich.
So we left there and headed to The Beverly Wiltshire.
Upon arrival the greeting could not have been more different. The staff were genuinely nice and kind and respectful. The girl at reception kindly offered to put us in a Beverly suite - I nearly cried. I explained our situation and our dislike of that building on our last visit. Off she went and finally came back with the only room available in the Wiltshire wing was a suite on the 8th floor with 2 bathrooms that was normally over $1600 per night. She them went out to speak to her manager and gave us a really good rate on the room (Oh well its only money).
It was now about 10.30 at night an we were physically and emotionally tired but could not have been happier with the outcome when we walked into our room with its fantastic view of Rodeo Drive.
We ordered room service for my son and they brought up the wrong curry - I said to the person who delivered it "Don't worry it is late and he is really hungry he can just eat that". He would not hear of it and was back within about 10 minutes with the correct order and cookies and a drink FOC for my son.
It just went on like this. Everyone was professional and charming. At breakfast the service was excellent - so much so that even though they put 15% service on the bill we gave them extra - that really says something coming from an Australian!!
On the breakfast I would say the food was not as good as last time - still good but not great.
We ate at Cut which I will review separately.
Sorry this review is so long but I thought it may be helpful to others when trying to decide on an hotel in Beverly Hills when there are so many choices.
Don't forget the location is also fantastic.
Will we go back - my family would kill me if I booked anywhere else.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AussieAnge
Reviewed 9 February 2012

A short visit to this iconic Beverly Hills property - right at the base of Rodeo Drive!

Great location and incredible value (I was using a corporate rate).

Very comfortable, friendly and helpful staff and a great base for visitors to LA.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms at the back that have a small balcony.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business