Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills
SIXTY Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 344
US$ 269
SixtyHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Hotel Beverly Terrace(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 228
  • Breakfast included
Viceroy L'Ermitage Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 614
  • Pool
Sirtaj Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 318
  • Restaurant
Luxe Rodeo Drive Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 398
US$ 321
Travelocity
  • Room Service
The Beverly Hilton(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 363
US$ 317
US$ 703
US$ 622
  • Pool
Mosaic Hotel Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 325
US$ 280
Agoda.com
  • Pool
The Peninsula Beverly Hills(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 724
US$ 678
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Beverly Hills Hotel(Beverly Hills)(Great Value!)
US$ 647
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
All reviewsmain buildingmid centuryrodeo drivemarilyn monroepool areathe penthouseglass of champagnevalet parkingresidential areanice boutique hotellos angelesvalet servicela areawest hollywoodsanta monicaretrohip
Reviewed 10 April 2012

Stayed here last week on a four-day visit. Fantastic allround - attentive staff, comfy, plush rooms, great location close to West Hollywood and a great bar and restaurant. Highly recommended. Only down side is the thin walls, but apart from that superb.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnnyutah01
Diego H, General Manager at Avalon Hotel Beverly Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear guest,
Thank you your recent four day visit. I appreciate your wonderful comments about the attentive staff, plush rooms, convenient location and great bar and restaurant. Thank you in advance for recommending us to your friends and family. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

I really wanted to be able to give this hotel 5 stars, but my experience with some of the front desk staff and a couple of room details led me to leave it at 4 stars.
I booked through Priceline.com and got a fantastic price (for LA) of $189/night
Positives:
- Oliver at the front desk
- Ralph at the door/valet
- Fun decor
- Beautiful bright room, marble everywhere
- Comfortable bed
- Complimentary robe for your stay
- Great restaurant/room service
- had yogurt/granola/fruit one morning, delish
- had spinach ravioli one night - AMAZING
- Close to main roads/Starbucks, etc
Negatives:
- Wireless at a charge? It's 2012. Come on.
- Some of the front desk staff were very snippy and not at all helpful
(one morning I called down to have some boxes I'd had delivered to the hotel brought to my room and they were never brought. It ended up being due to a confusion, but rather than call me to clarify I had to call down again and say it was now too late and I could no longer wait)
- I received "mmm hmm" and a dial tone in my ear when I requested to have something else done by the front desk
- Hair dryer: the quality of this dryer was really low, and you'd expect something a little better from a boutique hotel like this
- Blinds: the blinds in the room are rusty, it didn't affect my enjoyment, but it's a little icky considering the price paid per night; the blinds to my balcony also did not go all the way down to the bottom sill, so without closing the curtains, I was left a little exposed to the patio dwellers/restaurant below
- Shower: others have mentioned, the lack of curtain really does cause a mess, not really that big a deal
Overall I really liked it and would definitely go back and stay if I could get the same price.
You're staying somewhere you feel like Dean Martin might have groped you at, so it's very cute and nostalgic and was great for my in-and-out running around experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank saram23

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide me with the positive and negative aspects of your stay. I am glad that Oliver and Ralph made such a great impression during your stay. Your comments have been shared with them and the rest of the team. I am also delighted that the décor, accommodations, bed, restaurant, room service and location all exceeded your expectations. I do apologize for the lapses in service that you experienced and also for the deficiencies in your guest room. Please rest assured that we have looked into both to ensure they were addressed accordingly. I am glad that your overall experience was pleasant. I also thank you again for such great feedback which has allowed us to make the necessary adjustments to ensure that we continue to maintain our 5 star standards in all areas. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2012

My son who lives in Beverly Hills booked us into this adorable little Hotel. We arrived after a long flight from New Zealand and felt very special as soon as we arrived. Beautiful and restful colour scheme immediately took my eye. All staff were very friendly - we stayed in the Tower and had a comfortable and spacious room, very quiet. Was a little unsure about the bathroom products as it said there was a charge of $65, but this was explained by reception that some were complimentary and others you can buy.

Room Tip: It is quiet in the Tower section.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Cheryl H

Dear guest,
I wish to personally Thank you son for booking you into our hotel and for introducing you to the Avalon family. I am glad that my team made you and your husband feel special after your long flight from New Zealand. Thank you for your comments about the service, décor, accommodations and amenities. On behalf of my team, we look forward to your return trip to Beverly Hills.

Reviewed 27 March 2012

There, I got all those words out of the way! My wife and I have stayed at the Avalon 4 or 5 times now, and we have gradually got the system refined so that it's a perfect place for us to stay in Beverly Hills, within walking distance (choke) of Rodeo Drive.

Because we are slightly older (well, lots older) than the average Avalon demographic and not much interested in the gaudy nightly poolside scene, we now specifically request a room in the Canon Building across the street. Our junior suite was beautifully appointed, comfortable and quiet (we were actually able to keep open the windows looking into a lush tiny courtyard). The suite had a very large flat screen TV (although apparently without an HD connection). It strangely lacked a full-length mirror, although we understand that's being taken care of, and only one bath robe for the two of us (we shared). Housekeeping was fine and valet parking was swift and friendly (although ridiculously expensive). We avoided eating at the hotel; we came and went smoothly, started each morning with Peets coffee and a pastry right up the street, and slept peacefully and comfortably at night. You can't really do much better at the price in the Los Angeles area.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank hamlet8

Dear guest,
I want to first Thank you and your wife for your patronage over the years and for finding a system to make Avalon the perfect place for you. I do agree that the beauty of our property is the different types of accommodations and buildings designed to fit a wide range of lifestyles and tastes. I am glad that you and your wife have found refuge in our Canon building and that the appointments in these suites are just what you are looking for. On behalf of my team, we look forward to welcoming both of you back to your home in Beverly Hills.

Reviewed 24 March 2012

I had a terrifice experience at this hotel. The room was hip, clean and comfortable, the staff were professional, friendly, and eager to please, and the food, cocktails and service at the restaurant were fabulous...all this for a very resonable price. I highly recommend this hotel and plan to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear guest,
Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad that you had such a great experience at the Avalon and that you enjoyed the cleanliness and décor of the rooms, the professional and friendly service and the fabulous cocktails and food at Oliverio. Thank you for recommending us to your friends and family and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.