1,541 results
All reviewsbart stationpeace signdowntown berkeleyparking garagestreet noisecounter spacehomeless peopleboutique hoteltwo blockssan franciscochez panissebathroom doordefinitely stay here againcomfortable roomfitness roomlocation was perfectrooms are small
Reviewed 13 November 2017

Great location, great staff with knowledge. We ate there and all staff were very friendly. I will definitely come back. Bart is next to it, very convenience! Target & welgreen are also next to it. Super location

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2017

I travel to Berkeley/Oakland regularly for work and prefer to stayed at the Shattuck when the rates are reasonable (for the Bay). Hotel Shattuck is my #1 choice for a Berkeley or Oakland hotel and I've stayed at nearly all others. Access to BART is one its best perks and BART is definitely the easiest way around the Bay, even with delays. I've stayed in most room types. If you need quiet, ask for it. Rooms facing Shattuck absorb all of the street noise. Interior rooms can be smaller but they're always quiet. Some rooms have just enough room for a bed and desk but it's fine for a night. Beds are comfortable, rooms & bathrooms are always clean, and toiletries are nice. I'm not a fan of Keurig because I drink tea. (Why can't US hotels provide kettles?) The restaurant is great for breakfast. The hotel finally added room service but it's quite limited and not really vegetarian friendly. Downtown Berkeley offers excellent hotel and bar options too. Wireless can be touchy. I generally won't pay more than $300/night for this hotel and any rate below $200 is a good deal.

Room Tip: If you need quiet, ask for a quiet room. Rooms are small but nice.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 November 2017

After a full day of Berkeley activities and destinations the Hotel Shattuck was the perfect spot to end the day. The hotel is a lovely property with a bustling bar our room was very “handsome” with comfortable beds and linens, large flat screen tv and sparkling clean bathroom.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Great location close to the UC Theatre. Room was lovely although not overly spacious. Very comfortable bed and toiletries were exceptional. No microwave or fridge. Breakfast at Five was excellent and affordable.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

We were awakened this morning to loud, non-stop, pounding noises directly above us. I️ called the front desk and got this response: “yes, they’re installing new carpet.” Seriously? This had to be a scheduled project. To place guests in a room just below it the night before seems very inconsiderate for the top rated hotel in Berkeley. Why would you do that? I️ didn’t expect to be sleep deprived at a nice hotel.
I️ have never had this experience at any hotel, even a cheap one.

We had been out late the night before and intended to sleep in but there was no chance of that due to carpet installation noise coming right through our ceiling.

To whoever manages this place, you should have placed guests in rooms where there would be no construction noise right above them. I️ have no idea how many others were affected. We are still here, on the 5th floor. I️ asked to be moved if this was going to continue but never heard back, so I️ assume/ hope it doesn’t happen again tomorrow.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family