2,155 results
All reviewsdouble treefamily poolwalking trailscookiessan franciscofree shuttlecesar chavez parkbreakfast buffetshuttle serviceindoor poolthe golden gate bridgeeasy accessfirst floorupon checkhotel restaurantbusiness tripfitness center
Reviewed 11 November 2017

Unfortunately I cannot recommend this hotel. What should have been the best nights of my life, were actually the most stressful. The staffers lack of professionalism and quality customer service was unbelievable. Dirty pull out beds were the icing on the cake. Then after being offered "a few dollars" off our bill, my account was charged fully. Not that a few dollars would be sufficient. Thanks for hassling a bride the night before her wedding.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear ambersJ2736LH,
Congratulations on your recent wedding! I am truly disheartened to hear about your recent stay at our hotel, as this is not at all the impression we intend for our valued guests. I have provided by email address below and hope that you will reach out to me directly, so we can personally discuss your visit in more detail than this forum will allow and I can address each of your concerns. I hope to hear from you soon. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Staff was very nice. Room was next to noisey elevator. Heard it going up and down until late at night and then it woke me up at 5am. Has a nice bar on the marina. Room location for $400+ a night not worth it.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear craigj232,
While I’m happy to read that you were impressed with our staff and enjoyed our beautiful location on the marina, it’s disappointing to read that your time with us did not meet all your expectations. Had availability allowed, our team would have been happy to relocate you to other accommodations that would have better suit your needs. As for value, we offer a variety of hotel packages that combine many benefits with your overnight visit and perhaps one may be just right for you in the future. We hope to have the chance to win you over completely on a future stay. Thank you.

Reviewed 11 November 2017

Great service, clean room and friendly staff. Fast wireless high speed internet. Ordered room service both night and was timely delivered and delicious. Hotel is by the marina with views of the bay and beautiful out doors.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business

Dear Mike H,
Thank you for your wonderful comments! Our team works hard to provide comfort, service, & value to all our guests, and we appreciate you taking a moment to share your feedback and five-star review with us. We enjoyed having you stay with us and hope to welcome you back to the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina again soon!
Warm regards,

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Just off Interstate 80 (which becomes the 580) you have a choice of two ways to get there if you're coming from the north and if you're driving. The merge from I-80 to the 580 is dicey due to multiple lanes converging right smack at the area where you need to move to the far right lane to exit at University and head west on University to get to the hotel. You can try the side streets by getting off before that and take San Pablo which you have to watch out for drivers darting across multiple lanes and pulling out in front of you. Getting there is the hard part. Once you do get there, the road is very bumpy westbound University as you continue driving west until you make your right turn. As you approach the hotel, it will be on your left. I parked in front of the hotel long enough to check in and get my card. I don't recommend doing it this way during a busy time of the day due to lack of parking just to check in and your chance of getting bumped by another car is very high. Once we checked in, we had a fourth floor room which was quiet, the king size bed was comfortable and so were the pillows. There was no other place in Berkeley we wanted to drive and stay due to its narrow streets and signs posted everywhere of no parking. The Saturday morning in Berkeley was quiet after I woke up and started my day with a leisurely hot beverage. Just two hours prior to check out, I took a quick walk to get a look at the skyline to the west. I saw the dominant towers looking down over Angel Island and the Bay Bridge lit up like an elegant Christmas tree in white glistening lights. I warily glanced over at the Bay Bridge knowing I would be using it soon and not looking forward to it. In the mean time, it was quiet and it was a good walk to look over north bay from the dog park in which dogs are let to run loose with no leash. The breakfast was decent, buffet style, standard fare which tastes better than the breakfasts I've eaten at the Best Western. The layout of this hotel is a bit convoluted, but you feel like you've had a good walk from Building 4 all the way over to where the buffet breakfast is served. For the AARP rate, and in this part of the Bay Area, it was worth the drive and the stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
DoubletreeBerkeleyGM, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Thank you for letting us know about your time here with us, Annabell77. You’ve offered many tips and I’m sure our readers will be appreciative. Next time, please try our complimentary shuttle if you would like to explore a little and then you won’t have to worry about navigating your own vehicle. The views are truly worth the walk and I’m delighted you did just, your descriptions did them justice! We look forward to having you back at the DoubleTree by Hilton Berkeley Marina.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

Good location for business meeting. Far away from shops or restaurants. Must use Uber or taxi if you don’t have car and want to go somewhere in your free time. Overall lovely area with
Marina and boats. Quiet at night.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hi Maxiethecat – after a busy and productive day of meetings, there’s nothing like unwinding with beautiful views of the Bay Area, San Francisco skyline and Golden Gate Bridge. When you are ready to explore more of what the Berkeley area has to offer, please know that we provide our guests with a complimentary shuttle that covers a 3-mile radius. Thank you for sharing and please visit us again soon!