“Great place to stay in north Berkeley! We'll be back!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berkeley
The Brick Path Guest Suites
Ranked #2 of 8 Berkeley B&B and Inns
cucinista24
“Great place to stay in north Berkeley! We'll be back!”
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We stayed here only one night on a week's vacation in the Bay Area. I would gladly stay there again. We had the fireplace room, which is spacious, with a very comfortable bed and nice private bathroom with shower. There's a reading area near the fireplace with two comfortable arm chairs, and excellent sound separation from other guest rooms. The nearby street is busy during the day, but I've never slept better. The delicious continental breakfast (fresh fruit, scones, yoghurt, muesli, good coffee, etc.) was nicely served on the patio, though alternately,we could have had it in our room. Very pleasant innkeeper, attentive to guests' needs, and if we had not already had dinner plans, a very short walk to Solano avenue, for some great restaurants and shops. Good value, and I think nicer than other similarly priced accommodations in the East Bay or San Francisco.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Ventura, California
Reviewed 9 September 2011

I am a former resident of this area and had been back many times to visit. The Brickpath is a gem and a lovely surprise ! I loved the room that Wendy Sprague, the owner of this B&B. had put me in for this visit. It has a separate entrance, a wonderful and warm bedroom with a small desk, a small kitchenette, a spacious bathroom, and a view of the courtyard. I came from a busy and hectid work week and am so grateful for this beautiful and calm space! On top of all this, it is located within walking distance to Solano Avenue, one of my most favorite neighborhood in Berkeley. I can walk out to this area literally in five minute to my favorite bookstore, cafe, ect...It is heaven on Earth ! And Wendy is most kind and helpful in everything that I had asked and requested information for. The Brickpath truly is a calm, private, and rejuvenating oasis in the middle of Berkeley. I truly recommend it to anyone who would like to have a relaxing time away from home, yet have access to everything that a small and charming city has to offer.
Rose T. Nguyen (Ventura, CA.)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
Nashua, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 September 2011

I’ve stayed at The Brick Path several times, sampling all the rooms over the past several years. I always LOVE coming back here.
My most recent stay was in August of 2011. What I like most about it is its calmness, which greets one throughout the gardens and is further echoed in the serene furnishings in the rooms – nothing overdone, simple and tasteful. And the location is ideal with Solano Avenue a mere 3 minute walk away -- a major commercial street with plenty of good restaurants, coffee spots, bakeries and boutiques. I always take the opportunity to take a good long walk in the Berkeley hills, which are right there, with winding streets and narrow paths throughout as well as interesting architecture and lots of gardens to view.
Wendy, the innkeeper, has created a truly lovely environment and is very attentive to her guests needs.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
St. Louis
Reviewed 20 August 2011

I have stayed at The Brick Path six times in the past seven years. When i leave, I want to return! It is a perfect get-away with a garden setting, luscious breakfasts, luxurious bedding, smart decor, and a delightful and helpful proprietor, Wendy Sprague. Lots of planning went into making this such a exceptional place. It's close (1 1/2 block) to shops of all kinds (book store, gourmet grocery store, stationery store, shoe store, Peet's and Starbuck's, and more). Don't miss this fabulous destination!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Ada, Michigan
Reviewed 12 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here while visiting friends in Berkeley. We strayed in the fireplace room, which indeed has a working gas fireplace and even a piano in the room. The owner made us feel quite at home. The location is great, just a few blocks from a great neighborhood of restaurants and stores and it was within walking distance of our friends' house. The B&B has a really nice garden with areas to sit.

All in all, the best place we stayed on our trip. We'll definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple