“Yikes!”

Berkeley Inn
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
“Yikes!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I need to start reading reviews. This place literally scared me. The most haunting part is that their was no elevator and my knee was bothering me. There was this door under the stairs, very strange place to put a door. I had all these creepy thoughts about the door. I'm sure I would have been unaffected in most cases but the hotel was seemingly god forsaken. I told my husband if I see a roach, we're outta there.

Got in there and there was some sort of trick to make the refrigerator work. The chairs near the table didn't match. Come on! Couldnt get matching chairs?

• Stayed May 2012
2 Thank Femi2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

The website somehow double booked us for this hotel and wen we got here he wanted to charge us a $80 fee to cancel!!!thats more than our stay!! Awful awful service. Rude beyond words. No respect for clients. This place might be cheaper than other places but ur getting treated horribly to stay here. DO NOT go here unless u want to be treated badly and deal with shady ppl.

• Stayed June 2012
4 Thank lmyle13

Travellers are raving about these Berkeley hotels

Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2012

The Berkeley Inn was moderately priced and in a great location- right off the interstate & minutes away from the University and cheap places to eat. The management wasn't super friendly, but we didn't have to interact with them except for checking in and out. The sheets were clean and the place was overall sanitary, but the walls & carpet looked pretty dingy. Having a microwave and fridge in the room was really convenient.
The wifi was password protected and we were unable to get ahold of the office to receive the log in information, even though they advertised having free wifi in all the rooms.

Room Tip: They openly inform customers that the building isn't safe in the case of an earthquake, so it wo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Merced, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

This place was terrible. The hotel clerk was RUDE not only to me and my friend, but even the customers in front of us. We spent at least 10 minutes arguing, before we reached an agreement. The hotel clerk was demanding, and he didn't understand our simple requests. I am willing to pay an extra $40-50 to spend a night somewhere else. I highly recommend staying somewhere else. Also, there were foreign stains on the bed sheets.

Room Tip: Don't do it!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sebastes711
Stockton, California, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

Filthy, The Earthquake warning signs scared me and my family members. Unfortunately we did not have funds for any other place and we had already paid for this dump. I DO NOT recommend this place unless you don't mind scummy curtains and unstable buildings. Stay Away!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family