“A GREAT EXPERIENCE”
Review of Super 8 Berkeley

Super 8 Berkeley
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 26 April 2012

this motel was practically perfect. great beds. beautiful bathroom, all new facilities. Manager Tony was very helpful. reasonable price. recommend strongly.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Thank you for being a part of the Super 8 family, its brings us joy to provide excellent service to you- please come back soon we will give you 10% off on your next stay. Have a very SUPER day and please come back to enjoy the super breakfast and hig speed internet we provide as well.

With much respect,

management

Reviewed 12 April 2012

I was skeptical when I read this was the most upscale Super 8 of all time, but the reviews were right. The price is right and the location is convenient for touring town as well as the entire Bay Area. The room was a bit small, but you gotta see the shower - black, by the way, is the way to go - no grime.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank spankyandsarah
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2012

We are SUPER happy you enjoyed you stay with us and welcome to the SUPER 8 family! Brings us joy to hear you enjoyed the bathrooms, price and service overall. THanks for taking the time out and posting a good review, please come back again we will give you 10% off on your next stay for being a SUPER GUEST! THanks have a bless day!

with much respect,

Management!

Reviewed 13 March 2012

This place was awful. The hotel room was dirty and the customer service was awful. I do not know what all of the positive reviews are talking about, because when I stayed here it was terrible. The person at the front desk was completely unreasonable and completely disrespectful. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone that I know. Please stay away from this hotel if at all possible. There are plenty of cheap, respectable places to stay nearby. Avoid the Super 8 at all costs.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Jenny R
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2012

I am so sorry this is, "WRONG POSTING!" THIS IS THE WRONG SUPER 8! We have NO RECORDS you stayed at our hotel Please if you read this review please remove this review thanks! I am sorry you experienced this at one of the Super 8's I could offer you a 20% discount on your next stay please stay with our Super 8's give us another chance to prove we have agood service. Im sure it was a misunderstading at the Super 8 you stayed at! I am sorry on behalf of all the Super 8's! Please come back and feel the magic at the Super 8!

With much respect,

Management!

Reviewed 10 February 2012

I am the new student at Berkeley Campus and it was my first stay in this hotel. Everything was good experience: clean, service, location (near to campus, bart train, restaurants, everything). It is newly furnished apartment. Customer service was at best. Tony personally helped to show my room and explained me the service i would get during my stay. Every morning I got superb breakfast, awesome service and good rest. Overall, this is the only motel i would recommend to everybody in bay area. Love it.

Room Tip: all rooms are clean and newly furnished with free cable and coffee..
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2012

We simply want to be the best at giving good service and put smiles on all of our guest. It brings us joy to give excellent service and brings even more joy to see a guest happy after they check out. please come again and we promise to achieve greater heights, inorder to give even better serive. thanks

Have a blessed day and with much respect,

Management

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Whereas the reviews are correct the Super 8 Berkeley is a quaint establishment that serves its purpose. However, I was unhappy with the customer service, it all began when I arrived. I arrived around 12:00 AM since I caught the last flight out, to say the least I was tired and was expecting to be greeted in a professional fashion. First off I rang the night bell several times before I was buzzed in by a gentleman who was in his sleeping gear, (that did not bother me as it was late and this was not a five star establishment).

What bothered me was the fact that he hastily asked for my identification and credit card without greeting me. Then he proceeded to take me through the regular hotel protocols in a hurried fashion, whatever questions I did have for him at the time were washed away when I felt rushed out. I asked him to direct me to the location of my room and he said "just go outside you'll see it". The room was more than adequate nice and sweet with all the amenities that are listed below. The room was cleaned thoroughly twice, overall it was clean and a well kept establishment.

Fast forward to the day I was due to leave, as I was walking out of my room at 10:59 AM (check out time is 11:00 AM), I hear the phone ring as such the case I did not answer it as I had a feeling it was the front desk. When I arrived there I viewed the gentleman proceeded to put the phone down and asked if I was ready to check out. Apparently they wanted me out of the hotel as fast as possible. He promptly took my key and, after a few awkward moments I asked if it that'd be all and he stated yes, never asked if I needed a receipt or anything of that sort just said, not even a good bye, all I received was a nod.

I will not be visiting this establishment when I visit the East Bay again. Horrible customer service!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business