“Super 8 in Berkeley is a superior 10!”
Review of Super 8 Berkeley

Super 8 Berkeley
Ranked #9 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
Reviewed 8 September 2011

I chose this hotel because one of the reviews advised it was recently rennovated and will stay on her next visit. I got a cheaper AARP rate online than I was quoted on the phone but had no problems at check-in. Had a great stay - love a new bed! Four & five star hotels are easy to choose - three star is difficult without reading reviews. We were to quick to check-out and left clothes hanging in the closet - didn't notice til we were home. Tony at the front desk went way beyond good service and mailed our clothes to us. So wonderful!.
I can save an hour of research on my next trip to the city - I am just booking the Super 8 ... which I give a superior 10!

Room Tip: If you don't like stairs ask for a ground level
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Diane H
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2011

Thank you so much for taking your time out and giving us good reviews. We are so delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and thanks for being part of the Super 8 family! Please come back soon and we would be super happy to provide good service again. Take care of yourself and please come back soon!

Reviewed 1 September 2011

The staff there have a very poor altitude. They are noe helpful. They only care about payment and their interest. The most unhelpful motel staff I have ever come across in my 30 years of travelling.

I booked the hotel with my AARP member ship card, but I could not be there in the first three nights due to some last minute change. The so called owner, Tony, screamed to my girlfriend because she did not have my AARP number. The way he talk was unfriendly at all. "Do you know who I am? I am the owner"
"you do not have to talk to me, this is the way it works"
When my girlfirend told him the sink as blocked the time she moved in.
"why didn't you tell me sooner?" Like that it was my GF's fault.
He locked at my door even the no distrub sign was posted outside the door.
We bought an office chair, unpacked it and left the packing box out there while we put the chair together because the room is really small. In 5 minutes, Tony came to ask us in an ordering tone to move the empty box away from the hotel campus. "It is too big, we cannot trash it, you have to take it away"
The story can go on and on. Tony is rude. His wife is not better. In fact we just laughed at it. What a character.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Frank L
Reviewed 24 August 2011

My daughter goes to Cal, so I've stayed in several hotels of this class in the last 2 years. This has been my best experience to date. The property just underwent a recent refurbishing of the interior and it shows - the room was very clean, the bathroom was spotless, all of the amenities worked, the staff was courteous and helpful, the bed was comfortable. They have security cameras everywhere. This has become my go to hotel in Berkeley.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
tiny1980, General Manager at Super 8 Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2011

Thanks for styaing with us and we cant wait to give you excellent customer services again. Please always come back when you are in town becasue it will bring a smile to our faces and you are part of the Super 8 family now. Take Care and have a Super Day!

management

Reviewed 15 August 2011

Came here after my wedding it was really nice. they had good service and the usa today, good coffee, good breakfast what else can you ask for. the rooms are in good condition and newly redone. the service is out of this world really excellent. my wife and i enjoyed the stay. they put a wedding basket for us as a good gesture it was nice of them. the best motel my wife and i ever been too and comfortable beds. cozy. friendly.

Room Tip: clean dn fresh smell always
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and we are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. When our Super 8 family enjoys their stay it brings a smile on our faces. Our super 8 team is so happy and always here to give you outstanding service. Please come back soon. Thanks have a bless day!

Reviewed 15 August 2011

We checked in and everything was great. the service and the rooms were outstanding and the breakfast was nice. we had a good stay we came for work and the rooms were so comfortable. the beds were nice and the front desk service was very helpful. i cant wait to go back with my co workers again. very nice service and newly renovated rooms. they have good rooms, good price , good serive no wonder I saw the no vacancy sign everyday.

Room Tip: best super 8 i ever stayed at
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business

THANKS A MILLION, it is a honor for us to give you excellent service. We are thrilled you are now part of the Super 8 family. Please come back soon and rememeber you always have a place to stay when you are in town. Take of yourself and people around you...... Have a Super DAY!

With much respect,