“Good value, friendly staff and service”

Berkeley Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Berkeley
Philly
“Good value, friendly staff and service”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stay here for a cheap, well located comfortable hotel in Berkeley

3 Thank johnnytft
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 24 January 2012

I stayed at the Rodeway on seven different occasions between August and October 2011 and stayed in five different rooms during that period. My individual stays were from 3 to 4 nights each.
As others have noted the place is a good value for anyone wanting to stay in Berkeley for work or if you're visiting UC Berkeley. The rooms I stayed in were very good and varied little in quality/cleanliness and the beds seemed to all be decent and afforded me a good night's sleep. The staff was always helpful and attentive and I always felt personally secure and that my belongings were safe when I left the room for the day. The continental breakfast was average to very good (Starbucks coffee), although I always opted to carry my food back to the room because the little lobby sometimes filled up later in the morning.
I usually found a parking place in the parking lot, but on a couple of occasions after an eveing out I came back to a full lot. This was not a huge problem since there is plenty of on-street parking on University Ave that is free overnight until 9am.
I stayed at a couple of other comparable motels and I always gravitated back to the Rodeway because it fit my needs quite well.
I totally recommend this place for an economical (I always got the best deal through the Rodeway website), safe and clean place to stay in Berkeley.

Room Tip: Try to get one of the rooms away from the street; they are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
7 Thank oaklandash
San Jose, CA
Reviewed 20 January 2012

This was my second, three night stay here. The rooms have been refurbished, are super quiet, have a fridge and microwave, and are a terrific value at around $65 per night. It comes with breakfast, but since I am gluten and dairy free, there isn't anything that I can eat except the coffee and juice. The staff was very helpful, and I felt safe as a single traveler. I will definitely stay here again.

4 Thank peacefultravelor
Wales UK
Reviewed 19 January 2012

Stayed at the Rideway as the Holiday Inn on University we normally stay in was full. Most of the reviews on tripadvisor were positive and we were glad we stayed. Half the price of the Holiday Inn, and other than the rooms being somewhat smaller, hardly any difference. Spotlessly clean with everything you need to hand. The rooms are small but are more than adequate. Really helpful and very polite staff on front desk and the room cleaning staff have a great eye for detail. Great value for the money, we will be staying again.

6 Thank zigazag33
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 6 December 2011

Very good location near UC Berkeley. Rooms are clean, small, ac/heater, recently renovated, fridge, microwave, hair dryer. Coin laundry room. Breakfast consists of frozen waffles, french toast, yogurt, juices, coffee. For $79-89 it is a very good deal. there is a very good Thai restaurant in front of the hotel that is reasonably priced for a quality meal.
For the price, I would stay here again.

Room Tip: corner rooms are quieter. There is only one floor easy to drive in and park in front of your unit.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank RTC411
presidioinn, General Manager at Berkeley Rodeway Inn, responded to this review, 23 December 2011
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you appreciated our amenities. We take pride in keeping our rooms clean and comfortable. We hope to see you again soon. Happy Holidays from the Berkeley Rodeway Inn.