“Overpriced for what we got - Bad value!”
Review of Trattoria Corso

Trattoria Corso
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Corso is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 788 Restaurants in Berkeley
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Delaware
Transit: Downtown Berkeley Bart is a 5 minute walk. AC Transit bus service travels the length of Shattuck Ave.
Reviewed 20 October 2017

If you are looking for a great place to pay way too much money for what you get - then look no further! What a rip off this place was - and a big disappointment! My wife and I went here for a dinner last week. I do not eat meat, fish or dairy and thus I ordered the only thing on the menu that was close- a flan with mixed vegetables. Since I don't eat dairy I asked them to substitute the flan for some plain pasta. They brought me a plate of vegetables and a small plate of pasta - I could hold the entire plate of pasta in the palm of my hand. For this alone I was charged $39.00! Are you kidding me?? Really? My wife and I ordered one main dish (my veggies), two appetizers with a half carafe of wine (not at all the most expensive choice) and no dessert and the bill came to $130.00! Who are they kidding? The food was good (not mind blowing), service was fine, ambiance OK. But these kind of prices were just an insult to my intelligence. Too bad. They lost a repeat customer and earned a bad review. Try Rivoli on Solano Ave or Gather in downtown Berkeley. They are not cheap either but just about anything is a better value then this place. I won't be back.

1  Thank dlguitar2016

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We have great friends who live in Oakland and we enjoy going out to dinner with them because they introduce us to great places. Of the list that was sent over we selected Corso. Menu sounded interesting. We were greeted by a very friendly hostess and taken to our table. Our server came over right away and introduced herself. We weren't sure what wine to start with so we asked her advise. We had a lovely Italian wine. Ready to place our orders we started with Funghi, marinated mushrooms, coriander, orange zest and pepper and Crostini De Fegato, Tuscan chicken liver pate with sage, capers and anchovy on grilled bread. The crostini was lovely, great flavor, the marinated mushrooms were not what we expected. There wasn't much flavor and too much liquid. Entrees were Spaghetti with Sardines, Agnello Osso Bucco, Slow cooked lamb shank with mashed potatoes, Branzino, grilled whole fish with arugula and lemon. A salad of French butter pears, little gems, red oak lettuce, toasted walnuts came first. I always order Fresh Sardines when I see them on a menu. My pasta was not great. The Osso Bucco was terrific as was the Branzino. The salad was ok. We did save room for dessert for three of us. We all had Affogato. Two had gelato with espresso and I had chocolate gelato with Espresso and Bourbon. It was terrific.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I went here with my sister as I was dropping her off for school one evening (we live in Marin) and the food was spectacular as was the service. You must get the salume board - it is phenomenal.

1  Thank Lauren H
Reviewed 3 October 2017

My cousin, who is a viticulturist, introduced us to this restaurant for the wines but we love everything about it. It is located on Shattuck Avenue just a few blocks from Chez Panisse and Cheeseboard. It is small and has a nice buzz to it that doesn't get too loud. The waitstaff are attentive without being overbearing and make great recommendations on the food and wine. The food is Italian-based but with fresh ingredients. The flavors are crisp and true. Last Saturday our party had the marinated mushrooms and anchovies for appetizers and the pasta with pork ragu, the seafood dish and gelato for dessert. We sampled 4 wines (they will provide extra glasses to taste individual glasses of wine). Everyone was happy.

Reviewed 2 October 2017

We recently went to Corso for the third time in a couple of months and again we
were not disappointed. The restaurant is the little sister of Rivoli, which we have loved for years, but there is nothing "little sister" about the experience at Corso. The open concept gives the restaurant a "happening" and vibrant feeling. The food is wonderfully prepared and there is an extensive wine list. We had the lamb shank and sea bass which were both excellent. The sea bass was exquisitely presented and fileted by our waitress. She was also very knowledgable about the wine list and suggested pairings. On weekends be sure to make reservations.