“Clean and quiet”

Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Belmont
LA
“Clean and quiet”
Reviewed 3 August 2011

I was driving from Oregon and my entire plan for the day was to get past San Francisco and stop at the first Motel 6 I saw to sleep before I was too tired and starting to fall asleep at the wheel.
This is the first one I saw. It is a reasonable distance south of SF. It was clean and very quiet. This is not a 4 star hotel, but the sheets were hotel quality. The towels were clean and abundant. And, the price was reasonable. It is a very large property and has a pool and a jacuzzi. also clean.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating with one exception on the phone but I failed to get his name and when I called back, I spoke with another friendly person who was helpful.
Small problems, the toilet in my room flushed verrrrrry slowly. the single ice machine for my building, out of ice at 8PM and 10PM. The only smack and soda machines were in another building near the pool, for the whole complex and all were overpriced.
It was functional for my purposes that night and if I am in the same situation again, I might stay at that or another Motel 6 because clean and quiet are just fine when you are too tired to continue driving.
High speed internet and wifi at a cost. Ridiculous.
Bed very comfortable, bedding cheap, air conditioning made bedding superfluous, the sheet was good and enough.

Room Tip: There are no really good views that I could see however I couldn't hear anything from any other...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank FastFlo
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Thousand Oaks, California
Reviewed 21 June 2011

Usually I don't write reviews, good or bad. I have stayed at M6s lots of times and due to the bad economy, I have to resort staying at budget hotels for my business travels. I am not very picky and I know what to expect, but this place is by far the worst out there. It took the front desk guy almost 20 minutes to check me in. He just had no idea what he was doing. As soon as you enter the hotel the smell is horendous. The room seemed ok at first, but as soon as the shoes came off my white socks started to turn black almost immediately. The bathroom smelled like something died in there. The next thing that got me was the internet speed. It was virtually non existent. I measured it a few times (0.01mbs!). And I paid for that? My complaints went unanswered. Do yourself a favor and stay clear of this dump. I just hope I didn't pick up any diseases while touching things.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled on business
2 Thank Roar1234566

Travellers are raving about these Belmont hotels

Palmdale, California
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Upon arrival was greeted promptly, this is the only good thing to say..
Everythiong was downhill from there, the room reaked of smoek from cigs. The hotel was supposed to be non smoking. My wife and I dropped off our luggage and proceeded to go to our daughters college. Returning later that even 8:30pm went into room, and folded down bead spread, to our surprise found Dried blood on blankets. there was also dried bron substance on bathroom light switches. Contacted front desk and asked for a new room, was told a call back would be made 1/2 passed and no call from front desk. Eventually booked at another hotel. Discusting....!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cisnerostg1
Pomona, California
Reviewed 15 October 2010

Clean! 2 rooms cheaper than 1 room at hotels nearby that took dogs! That gave us a lot more room and relaxation. And the dog didn't have to fit with two people in a double bed. (OK Petsmart lost the dog tag, not motel 6)

Stayed December 2009, travelled with family
Redding, California
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Don't let the nice lobby fool you. As soon as we went into the hallway, it had a yucky odor; stale cigarette smoke and dirty socks. Our room didn't smell that much better. We are pretty easy to please; and since we bring our elderly dog with us, we know this isn't a TOP hotel room but this was awful. We have stayed at many motel 6 with our dog, and have always been okay with it. Our room was on the bottom floor, next to the pool. The room smelled so bad we went out and bought air spray- opened the window; no screens. Security guard told us this was a PARTY MOTEL - sheets were stiff and scratchy on one bed, and thread bare thin on the other. Towels had hair on them. TV had bad reception and was a 1980 model. No ice - the vending area was flithy. AM coffee was lukewarm, no sugar or cream. Horrible. The only good thing, was the shower - water pressure was awesome.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank snavemom
Also consider these accommodations in or near Belmont
0.6 km away
1.6 km away
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, San Carlos
1.4 km away
Holiday Inn Express Suites Belmont

Been to Motel 6 San Francisco - Redwood City? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK