“lovely hidden gem”

Olive Green Kitchen
Ranked #6 of 10 Restaurants in Belair
Reviewed 9 April 2017

We used a groupon voucher for a 3 course (entree, main & dessert) meal here over the weekend. The waiting staff were very friendly and helpful as we had a 6 year old and a 3-week old in tow.

The entree, chicken tikka, and veg pakoras were delicious, and wet the appetites for the rest of the meal.

For mains we had one of the most delicious butter chickens I've ever had, and also the Balti Lamb. Both dishes were presented well and full of flavour. The naan bread was a little crispy on the edges, but still very tasty and was used to mop up the remainders of the sauces and the extra raita we ordered.

For dessert we ordered the gulab jamuns and the mango icecream. Again, both of these, although quite small, were very nice and was a great way to end the meal.

I know that some people would say the servings were quiet small, but to be honest when I normally go to an Indian restaurant I usually skip dessert because i'm full from the mains. The serves here were small, but quite suitable, especially if you were planning on having the dessert.

Overall, a lovely meal, and we will definitely be back in the future !

1  Thank Jay-el B

Reviewed 14 March 2017 via mobile

View lovely - great location .
Orange juice piffy and not nice at all ..
I stood by the counter for perhaps well felt like 5 mins before I was acknowledged..
However I did see breakfast come out - that looked good .
However - loose the chopping boards !
A big brekky should be served on a plate !
Or is that just me ?!!!

Reviewed 16 February 2017

The food was plentiful and tasty with excellent service
Easy parking and close to the national park if you want to walk it off later

Reviewed 14 February 2017

This little restaurant is tucked away in a small shopping centre but once you get inside it's quite tidy and pleasant, with some Indian decor to add a bit of atmosphere too. Staff were very friendly and the food was excellent. Background music was appropriate. Not at all expensive for the serving sizes. Great for an evening when you can't be bothered cooking! They do take away too. Happy.

Reviewed 29 January 2017

We visited for a date night and had such a lovely time. The staff greeted us and were very nice, offering us each first a glass of water, before offering us some wine. The decor of the restaurant was very simple but it felt almost homely so quite comfortable. I am sure this would discourage some people but if you can get past the decor, the food is delicious! We tried one curry each, accompanied with rice and naan (yum!). The flavours were incredible! I really cannot recommend them enough. It was simple but so delicious. We also had some mango kulfi (how can you not?) which has also delicious. The staff were very friendly and we had some lovely conversations. I would definitely come back here.