“A totally lovely experience! ”
Review of Kamoosh Bistro

Kamoosh Bistro
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Waterdown
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Attended early evening with my daughter. We were warmly greeted upon arrival and seated promptly. My daughter ordered a very ‘simple’ dish, Cia de Peppe. Such an item has to be perfectly executed to be enjoyable... she was not disappointed. Fresh pasta, pecorino, ground black pepper, olive oil... all perfectly combined and balanced. I had Lobster Ravioli. DELICIOUS.... it was divine... really quite perfect.
The vibe here is friendly without being cloying. The interior is beautifully designed. I was impressed. Really impressed. Brava Kamoosh... so glad to have this wonderful choice in Waterdown.

2  Thank Windhover7

Reviewed 21 July 2018

This restaurant recently opened. We sat on the patio, and it was very pleasant. The restaurant was very busy with new wait staff, that may have impacted the level of service.The food was excellent. The menu is extensive. The beef stroganoff risotto was superb, with the beef being very tender, and the risotto with great taste. Drink menu was varied,

2  Thank Glenn W
Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

First went here the week it opened and had an enjoyable if not stellar meal so this was my second visit.

We arrived for an early dinner and the place was almost empty so it was a relief to see it two thirds full by the time we left.Waterdown needs a slightly more upscale eaterie.

I started with the Duck liver mousse which was just ok.Slightly sloppy and not really flavorful enough.
My friend had Beef crudo...(carpaccio)and although small she pronounced it excellent.

We then shared the mushroom and brie pizza which was absolutely delicious.
I could easily have eaten the lot.Truth be told these pizzas are not really for sharing.
In fact portion sizes in general are not large.

Together with a carafe of wine the bill came to 84 bucks.Reasonable but with different and individual mains we could have pushed the bill closer to $180.

There is lots of choice on the menu and interesting and unusual combinations of flavours .A definite north African/ middle eastern/ Mediterranean leaning on the tapas and appetizer plates.

There are also some of the most expensive menu items that I've come across outside of Oakville and Toronto.

Pleasant dinner, pleasant staff ,pleasant ambience ,nice new option,

1  Thank Rebfoodie
Reviewed 16 July 2018

Who knew that they could turn an old run down variety store into this beautiful little bistro. Its a nice addition to Waterdown, upscale, lovely menu. Portions are small but tasty and well presented. A little pricey but a great option in town.Good service, handicap accessible. Outside seating available

1  Thank traveltheworld61
Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

We were invited to celebrate an anniversary with our great friends - Kamoosh Bistro got the nod. I read other reviews and shared them with our hosts: Locally sourced Italian Persian cuisine - sounds right!

We were greeted and seated immediately as per our reservation. It was a full house, the patio seating was an option, but we preferred to stay indoors.

Menus greeted us at the table along with black linen rolled utensils. Bread w/ Balsamic Oil arrived immediately, water soon after then our choice of a Shiraz wine. We read and re-read the menu and prepared our various selections.

This was a busy service evening, plan several hours for dinner - which suited us fine. Our server was more attentive later in the evening. We ordered selections from every part of the menu to share among the four of us except the individual entrees, as these have one protein per plate (no sides). Once the food was served, it kept coming in a timely fashion.

How was everything? I found everything very tasty! Portions were small but elegant and the presentations lovely! The duck was too fatty and didn’t receive high praise, but the tenderloin and lamb were delicious. The open kitchen was fun to watch - fresh pasta, awesome!

My one negative comment was the level of sound and ambient noise in the Bistro, it was challenging to carry on a conversation. In fact, I wasn’t aware that there was music playing until later in the evening as other patrons left, thus the title of this post.

We enjoyed our evening, do enjoy yours!

1  Thank RonnyTrex