Lowest prices for your stay
Residence Inn
Orbitz.com
Hotels.com$180
All reviews full kitchen tennis courts front desk one night two bedroom suite kitchen area nice property extended stay the ground floor samantha inns dishwasher fireplace laundry bathtub freeway
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 June 2022 via mobile

Upon checkout, I found a $50 charge on my bill that was over half the price of the room itself, labeled as an incentive charge… What the hell is that supposed to mean? And what kind of hotel adds over 50% of your bill onto your statement, without a qualifier or explanation…?

Is this another new Marriott money grab…?

Date of stay: June 2022
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Amitava Michael K
Melissa Bailey, Sales at Residence Inn Bakersfield, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2022

Please contact us at (661) 321-9800 to confirm past stay. Please ask for our General Manager. We do not charge any incentive fees, nor do we offer any $90 rates here at Residence Inn Bakersfield.

Reviewed 22 April 2022 via mobile

We are finally able to visit our Grands again and called the hotel to confirm our arrangements. As usual, they are so friendly and ready to make sure we have a room that will open to the courtyard so we can have fun grilling and swimming with the kiddos. They assured us the pool will be heated and the grill will be available! When we visit from Texas we always stay here because they take SUCH great care of us!!! I don’t think we could ask for better service and are looking forward to another visit! Thanks all, we’ll see you tomorrow! ❤️

Date of stay: April 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 4 April 2022

While the room was a good size, it was on the back of the property, overlooking an empty lot. On approaching the door to the room, we saw a large footprint at about eye level. Not sure what that was about, but it wasn't an inviting vision. The room smelled like a locker room. The couch cushions were placed in a vertical position, as though to attempt to air out the smell. That strategy was unsuccessful. Our stay was for one night; had we needed to stay longer, we would have driven the extra 100 miles to find a location more inviting. I do appreciate that this location is right off the freeway, and likely receives mostly single-night travelers on their way to somewhere else, and Marriott may be disincentivized to invest further in the property. Still, I won't be back to this location, nor recommend to others.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank TravelWithPets
Reviewed 16 March 2022 via mobile

My husband and I just completed an 8 day cross-country trip with our 11 month old daughter and cat. We stayed exclusively at Marriott hotels. The Residence Inn in Bakersfield was our final stop and exceeded my expectations on several fronts. First, the front desk clerk (young and tall with dark hair) managed to turn a last minute cancellation by another party into the upgrade I had forgotten to request earlier in the day. Much appreciated, since our daughter sleeps much better when she has her own space. Secondly, the housekeeping staff: Yuliana (Juliana?) When we arrived the unit was outfitted with everything we needed and was spotless. Even the glasses in the cupboard were neatly aligned! I really appreciated that attention to detail. We stayed exclusively at Marriott hotels for the past week; most of them were Residence Inns and none of them were as well maintained and equipped as this one. Thank you, Yuliana!

Date of stay: March 2022
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2022

This property is exactly what you would expect from a Residence Inn. Well kept with clean and comfortable rooms. What really set this stay apart for me was the amazing staff. At check in the clerk was so upbeat and helpful. I checked in late, and when I got to my room I realized I didn't have my cell phone. I walked back down to the front desk and asked if I had left it on the counter. When I found that it wasn't there, the clerk offered to call it for me to see if it had fallen under the seat in my rental car. He called it repeatedly until it was found. The next morning, I went down for breakfast and was greeted by the Anna, who was bringing out hot food and keeping the area clean. She was so cheerful and helpful... making sure I had everything I needed and even offered to take my plate and coffee cup when I got up to throw them away. It was the best service I have ever had at a free morning hotel breakfast. Whoever is hiring at this location is doing it right! Highly recommend.

Date of stay: February 2022