Lowest prices for your stay
$154
$154
Destinia.com
$140
Free cancellation until 12/02/23
Priceline$154
Urban$154
Agoda.com$305
All reviews no dressers grab and go no elevator king bed front desk cabana properties lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 October 2022 via mobile

I stay here every time I’m in town, and have since it opened. Maria at the front desk is awesome. The hotel is spotless, nice large rooms. Everything is in order and clean. The hotel is close to food establishments, the airport etc. You couldn’t ask for a nicer place to stay

Date of stay: October 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Curtis C, General Manager at Hourglass Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 26 October 2022

Thank you for great review and for choosing the Hourglass Hotel as your preferred hotel in Bakersfield. We all agree with you that Maria is awesome and always goes above and beyond for our valued guests. We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 8 October 2022

This place is always 10/10 never have any issues here. Very nice staff as well as the pool area is always up kept. I will not visit anymore just bc my girlfriend dumped me and I do not want to relive memories there haha. 10/10 place definitely stay here

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Curtis C, General Manager at Hourglass Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2022

Hello Rypii3,

Thank you for the review. We appreciate the great review, and while we might not welcome you back anytime soon, we sincerely wish you all the best on your future adventures.

Reviewed 4 October 2022

What a disappointment, no free breakfast or fitness center. There is a grab and go breakfast, but I wanted a hot breakfast instead. Bathroom floor wasn't clean very well, had visible hair by toilet and sink. Pool was quite large and nice. I would not stay here again, Double Tree and Hilton are next door.

Date of stay: October 2022
Curtis C, General Manager at Hourglass Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2022

My apologies for not meeting your expectations. We do offer a grab and go breakfast bag at the front. That is correct that we do not offer hot breakfast or advertise that we do. There is however a great breakfast restaurant within walking distance.
Best wishes on your travels.

Reviewed 19 September 2022

Comfortable room, really clean with housekeeping having attention to detail. When checking in, friendly front desk with smiles. Even on a gloomy day, felt sunny! Especially in the pool. Looking forward to coming back on business.

Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled on business
Curtis C, General Manager at Hourglass Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2022

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed 6 August 2022

Be informed that there is no elevator if you are staying on the second floor. There is 1 ice machine, it was out of ice. Someone brought me a zip lock baggie of ice that had melted & froze as a block. There is no grab bar in the tub & our toilet paper holder was broken, there is no hook to hang a used towel. There is no continental breakfast, both my daughter & I went looking for it by the coffee area. I called down & was told it's at the front desk (?). I saw no evidence of it at all. Too much money for such basic accommodations. It was not on "the good side of town". The beds were comfortable & the staff was friendly & most important the room was clean.

Date of stay: August 2022
Curtis C, General Manager at Hourglass Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2022

Hello twinsgrandma,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. We are currently installing more ice machines throughout the hotel as we open more areas. We installed a second one this week. We appreciate the feedback and will continue to work hard to create the best experience reasonably possible for our valued guests.