Lowest prices for your stay
$130
Priceline
$130
ZenHotels.com
$123
Expedia.com$130
Hotels.com$130
Hurb$133
All reviews no dressers grab and go no elevator king bed front desk cabana properties lobby
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2022

Be informed that there is no elevator if you are staying on the second floor. There is 1 ice machine, it was out of ice. Someone brought me a zip lock baggie of ice that had melted & froze as a block. There is no grab bar in the tub & our toilet paper holder was broken, there is no hook to hang a used towel. There is no continental breakfast, both my daughter & I went looking for it by the coffee area. I called down & was told it's at the front desk (?). I saw no evidence of it at all. Too much money for such basic accommodations. It was not on "the good side of town". The beds were comfortable & the staff was friendly & most important the room was clean.

Date of stay: August 2022
Curtis C, General Manager at Hourglass Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2022

Hello twinsgrandma,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your recent stay with us. We are currently installing more ice machines throughout the hotel as we open more areas. We installed a second one this week. We appreciate the feedback and will continue to work hard to create the best experience reasonably possible for our valued guests.

Reviewed 30 July 2022

Interior is organized, clean, and aesthetically pleasing. Service is also good. We found something on the shower head & called the front desk. Paul sent the security to get it cleaned right away. Highly recommend this hotel!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Curtis C, General Manager at Hourglass Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2022

Thank you for the review and for recommending to others. We appreciate the feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2022 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel several times years ago when it was a different name and really liked the property. When I was back in the area I immediately looked it up and found different name/owner(?). Booked one night although I was going to be in the area several nights just to check it out first.

I am passionate about great customer service and OMG walking in found world class customer service in April who was at the front desk. Friendly, welcoming, great personality and attitude and extremely helpful! I was already a fan of the hotel at that moment! Later in the evening I encountered another front desk person named Paul who was fantastic as well! Always helpful and smiling and a fun personality. If hotels could all clone these two employees they would have award winning customer service!

The lobby is gorgeous and tranquil. It has been done in shades of beautiful soothing gray along with silver accent pieces. Seating areas are inviting and visually very nice.

The room continues on with the same gray tones and made me just want to relax in there all day as it just sets the tone of serenity and calm. Extremely clean and well maintained and good sized (I had a king bed)

The pool is a beautiful pool and super clean and sparkling and cabanas have been added since my last visit and a great touch.

Grounds are well maintained and parking is easy.

And as a note to my first night “test” stay, I am still here almost a week later!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Curtis C, General Manager at Hourglass Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2022

Hello Denna,

Thank you for the wonderful review and the opportunity to earn your business. I look forward to sharing your kind works with April and Paul. All of our associates truly care about creating the best experience reasonably possible for our valued guests. It’s always nice when their hard work is recognized and appreciated.

We hope to welcome your back soon.

At your service,
General Manager.

Reviewed 3 July 2022 via mobile

For a quick stop, this was a good hotel. Everything is clean. Just being remodeled and seems to be doing a good job. Check in was easy, front desk was helpful. Didn't give 5 stars for the little things...upon getting into the rooms, both were at 1/4 roll tp. Needed to ask/walk down for a 2nd roll. All about not wasting, but at a certain point a 2nd roll should just be in the room to reduce effort on the customer side.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Curtis C, General Manager at Hourglass Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2022

Hello Jennc04,

Thank you for the review. While we do conserve whenever possible, there should have been a second roll of toilet paper in the room. We typically place the second roll on top of the toilet, or on the top towel rack depending on the bathroom configuration. I will follow up with the housekeeping team to ensue we continue to work hard to create the best experience reasonably possible for our valued guests.

General Manager.

Reviewed 2 March 2022

BIKERS WELCOME—EVERYBODY ELSE GO ELSEWHERE!!! I do not know the person who just posted above me. I really do not post comments, but this was so bad I need to.

We checked in on 02/26/2022. We did not know there was a "biker club" staying there. The club was the "Soul Brothers" from S.F. I spoke to some of its’ members the next day, they seemed like some pretty good people.

I do not have an issue with them. I have a major issue now with the MGR. of the Hourglass Hotel.

My friend of 50 years, who is African American, visited my wife and I in room #164. I was celebrating my 70th birthday. Around 7:00PM there were about 8 motorcycles revving their engines up directly outside our window that faced the parking lot. It was so loud we needed to put on ear protectors we had within us because we were shooting guns at Turner's Indoor range.

We called the front desk and asked them to kindly ask the bikers not to do that. An hour later the bikers started up revving up again, then racing up and down the parking lot for about another 35 minutes. I called again. This time the noise was so loud that the front desk person said they couldn't hear me speaking to them. They told me there was nothing they could do.

I told them I was not going to pay for the room. About two hours later around 1:30am THE BIKES WERE HOWLING AGAIN, THEN AGAIN AT 3:00AM AND 4:30 AM. I told the front desk politely to have their security guard go out and tell them to stop, or call the local PD. They said they would try to do something. Nothing happened the noise continued.

I then left word for the MGR. to call me on Monday. At 11;00Am I still did not have a call. I called again and they said the MGR. was on the phone updating the system. I held for 15 minutes. I then called again and told them to please tell him to get off the phone and deal with my issue.

The MGR. then called at said he would not credit me for my room because I had been "accosting" his staff and he felt uncomfortable with me. I then called their corporate office to file a complaint about the MGR. I dare the MGR. say I was “accosting someone” to ward me off.

Trying to make the victim (me) out to be the bad guy. I sent the MGR. a copy of the audio recording (2 only, I have 6). I also recorded the conversations I had with his staff that shows I didn’t accost anyone, curse, or talk rudely to them.

I told the MGR. he is not only going to credit me for my room, but I am now demanding an additional certificate for a free room. If he sends me one more email with excuses, it goes up to two. I will keep increasing by an additional night free as long as he tries to stall me.

Regards, Gene

Date of stay: February 2022
Curtis C, General Manager at Hourglass Hotel, Ascend Hotel Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2022

Dear Gene,

Let me start by saying that after working in hotels for over 22 years, I have not had many interactions with guests as I have with you. When you first called at 11am on a Monday morning I was already on a call after being on hold for 1 hour and only 3 hours into a very busy Monday. Your call with the kind and experienced front desk associate was so aggressive that she said she would prefer not to speak with you again if at all possible. That is why when you called back a male employee answered. While most of us in hospitality expect to deal with all types of personalities, we are not here to take verbal aggression or personal insults. I did however call you back immediately after I was finished with my phone call. I was personally called many inappropriate names by you and later multiple times in emails. You even went so far to call my mother names.
I do apologize for the noise, as I have stated several times. The first audio you sent me had motorcycle noise for 25 seconds. Your inappropriate language toward the riders however was concerning and uncomfortable to hear. The second recording you sent lasted for 1 minute, but you recorded a full 10 minutes of the other person in your room sleeping.
Even though you were the only guest that called the front desk, we value all of our guests and their concerns. However, your behavior was inappropriate and on behalf of all employees that interacted with you, we appreciate that you do not plan to return.
The motorcycle group that booked 25 rooms was not from San Francisco or this state. They come to Bakersfield every year for a charity to honor the organizers daughter that passed away. They travel to all of her daughters favorite places to raise money for the foundation. Not one person in the group acted out and was very approachable and respectful of guests and hotel employees. They did however say that there were other motorcycle groups that stayed in many hotels in Bakersfield for the event.