“Our Favorite Place”

Jakes Original Tex Mex Cafe
Ranked #35 of 960 Restaurants in Bakersfield
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 7 August 2017

This is our favorite family place to have lunch or dinner. We go here at least 3 times a month and it is always amazing. The food is great and we usually get the taco salad or the tri tip sandwich. Their salads are amazing. All their desserts are amazing but I have to say our favorite is the texas sheet cake but get ready to share because it is way too filling for one person. This place has something for everyone. The prices are affordable and the atmosphere is great. The customer service is always spot on. Everyone is very friendly. We will always be a fan.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

The texas sheet cake is the only reason I go there. OMG, the milk chocolate frosting just dripping w/chocolate cake and you need that glass of milk. All other food is so so.

Reviewed 9 April 2017

I've been to this restaurant with my kids, my senior parents, and had their catered food at work as well. Consistently good quality and tasty.

Reviewed 28 February 2017 via mobile

I had the tri-tip, cheesy potatoes, salad, and chocolate cake. Salty's BBQ has much better tri-tip! I thought the icing on the cake was too sugary. Service was excellent. Prices higher than I expected. $40 for 2 people. Altogether, rather mediocre.

Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

One of my favorite call in places, although it's fun to dine in house too!
When you arrive you get in line as they make it custom & fresh per your request from the above menu. Everything from deep pit bar b cue, burritos & taco salads to deep pit with cheesy cowboy potatoes. You can go TEX or MEX, your choice! Their Garlic chicken is to die for, juicy & tender. Their beans & chilies are spot on mouth watering good! From guacamole to Texas sheet cake, trust me when I say "y'all will BE BACK for sure!!!" I mean it!