Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 January 2020

There’s even dirt on the floor.

No coffee pot. No shampoo. Has a stove, refrigerator, etc. but no dishes or utensils. No phone to call front desk. No breakfast. No pool. Not much of anything.

No customer service.

AVOID!

Room tip: Remember, taxes are on top of quoted price.
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Dogberg
Reviewed 12 December 2019

We stayed here for one night as a stop-over while traveling from Joshua Tree National Park towards Yosemite National Park end of June 2019.

Basically Bakersfield is a city that -as a tourist- has nothing to offer but many, many low priced hotels/motels (with really bad reviews) and the general infrastructure of a city.
So in the end, when we were still planning and booking our trip, we decided for the WoodSpring Suites and pay a bit more than some other hotels/motels around would have cost after reading and comparing reviews. Still it was quite cheap compared to other hotels we had on our trip.

We arrived on a late and hot afternoon and had no problems finding a parking space for our car.
The check-in was ok and friendly but not as friendly as we had it at other hotels. But this is no big deal and won't affect my rating.

The hotel itself is big, also the rooms and quite modern as it has a business touch. I like that, nice one.
The room and bathroom were very clean, nothing to complain about. Also the WiFi was working at a good speed.
On many other reviews we read about some "clinical" smell. We didn't have that and had no problems during our stay.
We really liked the laundry room located at the ground floor with many washing machines and dryers. Perfect if you are at the half of a three week trip.

But there were some other minor things that bring this rating from a 4 down to 3 points:
- There is a microwave, fridge, kitchen stove - but absolutely no pan, pot, plates, cuttlery or something. So, whats the point? It makes no sense to put in a kitchen if there is nothing you can use to prepare your meal.
- No hair dryer. Not a big deal for some, but still for others.
- Only one big towel per person. Normally you'll get one big and one normal-sized towel per person. Also not a big thing, but in the end several little things sum up.
- No soap, shampoo etc. Be sure to bring your own stuff.
- No safe. At least we didn't see one. But to be honest I couldn't tell if there would have been any at the reception
- Loud A/C. The air condition was quite loud. So as it was still quite warm in the room due to the outside temperature we had to turn it off to get sleep.
- Night table and light only on one side

So, all in all our one night stay was ok, but if I'll ever have to stay in Bakersfield again I would look for alternatives and keep this hotel in mind as plan B.

Date of stay: June 2019
2  Thank ingo667
Reviewed 3 December 2019

Where can you stay in this area in a hotel that is super clean, brand spanking new, with friendly staff and safe, double-lock access entry? There's no coffee-maker in the room, but the nearby Denny's apparently offers a 15% discount when you show your key card. There's also plenty of brand new washers and dryers to do your laundry on the road. Cable TV, comfortable new bed - for $50-ish bucks. Are you kidding me? I have no complaints and I am grateful for the savings, while nearby hotels are upwards and well over $100/night.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed 24 October 2019

The floor was sticky. The whole building was full of paper notice, like No pet and so on. Just in at the reception there was 5 papers from the same notice. It was like a dorm. The railroad was so noisy and also the neighbors because you can understand every word through the walls.

Date of stay: October 2019
Reviewed 7 July 2019

I recently stay here the security is nonexistent. There were 6 vehicles burglarized in 9 days. The owner was rude and condescending to my wife. Will never stay there again nor would I recommend to anyone.

Date of stay: July 2019