Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina
Bay Inn Estates(Alice Town)
US$ 309
US$ 280
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 310/night.

All reviewsbull sharksdive shopfishdive masterdock mastermanager mrscuba divingrestaurant barscuba centeron site restaurantlaid backsmall islandmarine lifeoff seasongolf cartlow keythe north end
Reviewed 29 April 2017

This was a viable option if I ever came back to Bimini to fish for a few days. There is an adequate marina on site as well as a restaurant. It would be a great place to stay if you drove a boat from Florida to come to Bimini for a few days.

Stayed: December 2016
BiminiBigGame, Manager at Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2017

Thank you and look forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 22 April 2017 via mobile

Not much more to say, the bartender was beyond rude and lazy. If I knew his name I'd call the investment group in California that owns/manages the place. He's bad for business! I could not possibly tip the woman dealing with him enough. New POS system was a problem but nearly as big an issue as the crap attitude behind the bar. The food was horrendous to boot. Go to Big Johns or Three daughters before this place.

Stayed: April 2017
2  Thank SoFLTravelGirl
BiminiBigGame, Manager at Bimini Big Game Club Resort & Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. If possible could you please call the toll free number and ask for the manager to speak to. I would like to discuss the issues with you.

Reviewed 18 April 2017

I wanted to wait awhile before I did my reviews for my recent trip to Bimini because it had to be the worst vacation I ever have had. I wanted to ensure my review was based on facts and not emotions so I gave myself time to calm down.
BBGC & Grill is not a place I would recommend at all as my other three traveling companions will attest to. When we arrived at the “resort” we checked in and was met with a very halfhearted greeting. This place does not believe in helping out their guests with their luggage/dive gear or give helpful information for that matter. We were told that we could use a wheel barrow to get our groups luggage (about 9 pieces) to the bottom of the stairs if someone returned it. Of course there was not a wheel barrow to be had.
OK, not a happy situation, but none of us are delicate flowers and we can haul the gear. It is just when you pay the amount of money we did for our room you expect to have some decent service.
After that shock we asked what we need to do to get set up for our diving the next day. The receptionist did not have a clue and of course the dive shop was closed. Now mind you, the dive shop is on site and they interact with each other regularly. You would think they have some sort of system information sheet, standard liturgy they can half-heartedly expel from their brains, but NOPE! They did dial the phone number of the shop owner for me to ask him directly but there was no answer. We had to come back later and try again.
Our rooms were clean but not as nice as what they show on their website. The lighting in the room is poor at best but we made due. We were in room 201 which overlooked the roof and several loud A/C units. Our balcony’s view was dismal but we did have cold A/C so I must give credit where it is due.
As I mentioned before the rooms were clean and the housekeeping staff did an outstanding job keeping them that way. The grounds were always clean and orderly as well, especially the pool area. There are not complaints in that department, thank goodness.
Finally this place is a marina as well. We saw some really beautiful boats come and go from the area with some fascinating people. They need to impose a noise pollution rule there because the first night there we were out on deck and boats would pull up blaring some rather vulgar music. The “F-word” among others were just flowing from the speakers as children eating dinner were present. I will not mention some of the sexual content that those children heard as well.

BBGC Grill
In regards to the BBGC Grill…well it might be easier to list the good points as it won’t take up as much time. The food was decent (what they did not run out of), the views were pretty and the bartender makes a mean Miami Vice drink. That is about it!
The service is glacial at best; both in regards to the speed and/or the servers. We did have one server during morning breakfast named Sharalyn (I believe). She was as sweet as pie and we all liked her. She genuinely tried her best to be a good server. Every meal, and I mean EVERY meal took an average of 1-1/2 to 2 hours to complete. There is “island time” and then there is absurd. Even the drink orders took forever, regardless if they were busy or slow. The servers for the most part acted as if they wanted to be somewhere else and on our last day there the server during breakfast (Sharalyn was off) was exceptionally short and rude to us.
Every meal they were out of something, and I am talking about basic items. They ran out of coffee, cream/milk, bacon, bread, fish, sausage and various other items. They would not compensate you for anything. I mean you pay $15 US for 2 eggs, bacon, hash browns and a piece of toast and then they are out of one or more of the components. The average restaurant will substitute something, but not this place. You are getting ripped off in all areas at this place. We finally paid for a taxi a few times to go down to Resort World just to have a complete meal with great service. It is quite sad if you think about it. I could go on and on but you have probably already moved onto the next review by now.

Neal Watson’s Bimini Scuba Center
Well our main reason for going to Bimini was to dive, especially with the Great Hammerhead sharks. We did get to do that and the dive operation did a good job. All of the crew (dive master, captain, deck hands) were wonderful people and very hard working to boot. They were nice and highly personable to say the least! My personal favorite was “aka Swagger” as he was a sweet guy.
However, the owner really needs to make some improvements on the boats in a big way. They are not in the best of conditions at all and they need to have more gear available, such as weights. We had to be weighted extra heavy for the shark dive but at one point there was not enough. That may be due to the fact that they sell the shark dive as a maximum of 12 divers per dive, but they were packing up to 16 divers per trip. I did not feel that was safe or enjoyable at all. The boat was crowded with all the people and gear and it would take up too much time get off the boat and back on with that many people. Do not oversell a dive!
They need to make sure the front desk is well informed of their process. If they have done this then shame on BBGC office staff! The whole thing was a cluster!

Island of Bimini, Bahamas
Beautiful island but not the people! The people were rude and very unfriendly. The only exception was two separate taxi drivers who were helpful but they had to be so that we would request them. Naw…Howard was a genuinely nice man!
Do yourself a favor, if you want to go to Bimini just spend one day there. That is all you will need as there are better experiences on Nassau or Freeport.

Room Tip: You do not want room 201!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kelldan2667

Thank you for taking the time to write review. We will definitely call a management meeting with all department heads on this.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

A fantastic place to stay for our trip of a lifetime! Arrived to clearest turquoise waters at the jetty, before being delivered to Bimini Big Game Resort a few minutes later. ( taxi & then water taxi about $5 each) . Incredibly friendly, smiley people and brightly coloured buildings, like sunshine for your eyes! Lovely pool between the restaurant & accommodation and hammocks hung in the shade of palm trees. Our room was large & basic with a comfy balcony. If you're a Tea drinker, take a travel kettle or you will be using the coffee machine for hot water. Lovely smelling products in the bathroom with a huge shower head.. highly appreciated after a long journey to paradise.
The restaurant was relaxed and friendly, with a good choice of breakfast & dinner. Desserts aren't on the menu, but Are available... key lime pie or cheesecake a must. The place does get busy, but as its a small place, you just relax and go with the flow..no different to Greece really!
The Dolphin trip with Neal Watsons, Bimini Scuba Centre was simply AWSOME!! We went like eager children with our sun cream, packed lunch, ( just ask at the restaurant in the morning & they'll make you one!) and snorkling gear; wearing the biggest grins possible. Fantastic day at sea resulted in us swimming with a small pod of 5 dolphins, for about 20 minutes. I've heard that the encounters can last a lot longer, but as we were all beginners ( my first attempt in fact!), this was just perfect!! They played and spun and came incredibly close, brushing tummy to tummy with my daughter, and
were perfectly wonderful. My dream come true!
We were so sad to leave and vowed to return as soon as we can.
Just to say too....if you leave the hotel from the back, there's a small road to your left, this will go up a hill, all of a 3minute walk, to one of the most beautiful and unspoilt beaches I've seen. White sand, tumbling waves and conch shells, with an appreciated tree to lean on and admire the view! Spectacular!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family

The dolphins seem to love kids and looks like your daughter got to experience that for sure. So thrilled you enjoyed your time and we were able to make this an experience of a lifetime.

Reviewed 17 April 2017

The hotel was good, but not quite what I expected. Though that was my fault as I booked it quickly without much research. The rooms were good, service great, beds clean and comfortable. Showers hot, AC Cold. The patio was a perfect place for breakfast. For sure it wasn't fancy or swanky, but that really isn't my style so it worked out well. I'd request an upstairs room, the downstairs rooms were too musty. The doc and restaurant were a great place to hang out, but expect to pay full US prices for food and drinks. On the last day we discovered the beach, just up the hill on the other side of the island. I should have spent my whole trip here, long and lush and absolutely gorgeous. I spent the whole day and saw only a few people. Complete privacy.

The dive operation attached to the resort is a joke, be prepared to do it all yourself. Load your own equipment and tanks or they'll leave them doc side while they pull away. The boat breaks down, not their fault, but disappointing. The dive service is not professional and completely uninterested in your safety or your experience. I'm an intermediate diver and was shocked at their lack of attention and caution. We had no guide on many of the dives. Highly recommend being okay on your own if you dive off Bimini. They are also disrespectful to the reef which broke my heart! That being said the hammerhead shark dive, which is what they are famous for is incredible and a completely different experience. The dive is run by The Shark Lab and is research based. You have experienced divers on board and researchers who take conservation and respect very seriously. It is in complete opposition to the reef dives we took. It is an incredible experience and worth the whole trip.

Room Tip: request upstairs rooms to avoid damp musty smells
  • Stayed: January 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Katie C

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. It is disturbing to hear about the dive operation and will definite take this up our on site dive shop manager.