Excellence el Carmen
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
2,253 results
All reviewsplunge poolbruno marsmartini barthe grillsports barlobsterchez isabellerooftop terracemain poolroom servicelanguage barrierspaghettinon ecblack coffeeflavor marketwalk in wardrobebeachfront honeymoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I'm very satisfied for my trip in your hotel and I hope to return next year. Just a little note, your spa in room is very dangerous, too slepery, but all is excellente. Excuse my English is not very good.

Room Tip: with private pool and garden
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After staying at EPM last spring, we decided to try EEC. BOth are nice, but I have to give EPM the edge. Its like good wine...its better with some age on it. I think EEC will get there eventually. My biggest complaint is housekeeping. They are inconsistent and sometimes, its after 5pm until they come through. Just a preference, but I like my room made up in the morning.
I was a bit concerned about the discussion of theft form the rooms. We had zero issues. We used the safe in the room and kept anything of value in there. We did not hear anything about theft so I absolutely would not be worried about that if you are heading to EEC in the future.
If you are a jogger, there is a nice path around the perimeter of the hotel. You are still inside the facility and it was about a mile each loop. Nice if you don't want to run on a treadmill for many miles.
We stayed in an Excellence Club Honeymoon swimout. They are nice. The water is a bit chilly in the swim out, but other than that, its beachfront...how can you complain about that?
I've read some reviews of people complaining about service, rooms, etc. Quite frankly I don't get it. And honestly, they seem like people I wouldn't want to be on a vacation with in the first place. We have expectations, and this place will check all the boxes. Those folks that complain about this or that, I'd rather they just stayed home..lol...
Finally, they do charge $10 a person when you get off the plane right before customs. We went online and had our paperwork. Just show the gentleman collecting the money that you have the paperwork and you wont have to pay. If you haven't gone online, you'll need to pay the $10. I tell you this because they herd you through pretty quickly and it would be easy to pay if you aren't paying attention.

Stayed: March 2018
4  Thank Danny H
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Just got back from a 10 days at Excellence El Carmen. The resort is about 45 minutes away from the airport. We did have a private transfer set up by our travel agent prior to the trip. As you walk in the impressive front doors, you are greeted by a view of black marble everywhere, a beautiful staircase down to a bar, huge sparkling windows and the gorgeous Caribbean Sea. We had a group of 4 people (2 couples) and they put us to a different buildings (10 and 11). They are closed, but we expected to be in the same building, as a family. The check-in was smooth and quick. We stayed in the room 10105 and we did enjoy it. The room was very nice and clean. Our room was slightly damp, we could feel it in the sheets when we went to bed. Just an advise, bring Damp Rids with you, it will help. The resort is not huge so you can easily walk everywhere. Food quality was good….not amazing but I was satisfied w/ the offerings & overall quality. We enjoyed our breakfasts at the Kitchen table, with sweet Anna who greeted us every morning with her smiling face. We were disappointed in the selection for lunch. Our restaurants experience was not so great. It was just okay. Pay attention to the dress code to pack appropriately. One of the restaurants that didn't let us in (French) because we didn’t have collared shirt. The beach is probably one of the best we’ve ever seen, seaweed free, clean and quiet, with only the sound of the ocean. There is very good internet all around and it’s free. All evening were fantastic (Broadway, Circus, Burlesque and the Fire Show).
Many thanks to Cassandra, Jackie Brown, Black Coffee, Coca Cola for making our days stay exceptional. They knew our names each morning and worked so hard in the hot sun to make sure the guests have the best experience! If you are looking for relaxing time, this is the place. The main thing we liked about this place is that it is not like other resorts where you hear people partying all night.

Room Tip: if its not club, choose building 10 or 11
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
6  Thank arkblu
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellence el Carmen in Punta Cana is beautiful. The only thing lacking in aesthetics to me is the sparseness of flowers or foliage. The property is huge and some large potted flowers, placed throughout the grounds, would add some color.

The food was awesome, and service in the restaurants was second to none. We befriended a waiter named Sucre who invited us to his home if we ever returned. We would find out which restaurant he was at so that we could sit in his section. The food truck they have stationed near the theater is a great place for an evening snack, as is the sports bar. Drinks were good. Love Presidente!

Our room was in the Excellence Club (great lounge), two-story with plunge pool, ocean view. What's not to like? Huge walk-in closet, comfortable bed, nice amenities. The only negative here was the room attendant. We would place the clean room sign on the door around 8:30 a.m., and not go back to the room till 6:00 or so and it still was not cleaned. A quick call to our concierge corrected the issue. Did it ruin my stay--absolutely not, but wondered why it took so long because they were only at 50% capacity.

The beach is beautiful. You could walk out far into the water without a sharp drop off, Lots of rooms with swim-out pools, however, I think the main pool is too small for the amount of rooms there are.

The theater has comfortable seating and great shows.

Will we go back? Yes, definitely somewhere down the line. We enjoyed our stay but I guess I prefer resorts that don't look so contemporary. When in the Caribbean, I want to know I'm there.

Lastly, a shout out to my awesome travel agent Kelly, from Berwick Travel. 866-278-8728 ext. 83, kelly@berwicktravel.com. She tirelessly answered a million questions about resorts, rooms.... She is already working with me again for next year's anniversary trip.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
11  Thank Kathi1963
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have to admit I was very nervous about coming to his hotel based on some bad reviews. However, I am very glad to say that my fears were completely unfounded. From the minute we arrived, we were treated like royalty. The rooms were wonderful, we especially loved the patio deck with the sun bed. We had no issues with theft as has been reported by other people. The pool and beach were great. The grounds were immaculate and beautiful. The staff at this property are the best. They work very hard and always manage to have a smile on their faces. The nightly shows were very good. My only complaint would be the food at the Lobster House. It was not very good. Oregano, Spice, Kitchen were good. However, the food at Magna was absolutely delicious. I had the best lobster in my life at this restaurant. We asked for a dehumidifier for our room as it was a little musty and that worked very well. If I had to find fault it would be the sand flea on the beach. Otherwise this resort is heaven on earth. I would recommend this resort in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: We stayed in building three. Perfect spot. Close to the beach, pool, restaurants and bars.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple