“Perfect position”
other travellers have booked this property
Enter a caption for your photo
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Enter a caption for your photo
Deer in the garden at Kirkaig
View From Window
Chalet lounge in the evening
Lounge
Kitchen
Double room
Twin Bedroom
Bathroom
Hall
Sunset view from the lounge
Old Man Of Stoer
Dolphin Clachtoll
Traffic Jam Assynt
Sunset view at Kirkaig
View at Kirkaig
Assynt coast
Clachtoll Beach
View from the back of the chalet
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
jen g
“Perfect position”
Reviewed 13 April 2016 for a stay in April 2016

Situated right on the bay at inverkirkaig this chalet is perfectly positioned to watch the sunsets and sealife bobbing in. We have had a great week here and have been well positioned for walks in the Assynt area. Very handy for Suilven & Stach Pollaidh. The chalet is basic but quite adequate. Thank you.

tango1157
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Returned home after two days”
Reviewed 23 November 2015 for a stay in November 2015
person found this review helpful

Booked a week, Saturday to Saturday in November via their website and an administrator. Contact was via email. When we arrived, the chalet was freezing. Put on all the heaters in the chalet to try and heat the place up Initially, we thought everything was ok, but we then discovered the electric heated towel rail in the bathroom did not work. Also, the heater installed in the bedroom did not appear to be effective. After a few hours, the living area warmed up, but the rear half of the chalet containing bedrooms and bathroom remained freezing cold.
On Sunday I emailed the administrator to report the faulty towel rail. I received a reply advising me a new one had been ordered but delivery was three to five days and it was unlikely it would be installed before we left.
Rear half of the chalet was still freezing on the Sunday night, so on the Monday morning, given that the weather forecast for the remainder of the week was for gales, we decided to return home as there was little prospect of us being comfortable.
When we arrived home, I contacted the administrator by email to advise what we had done, and was then advised that her father (who is the owner) had arrived at the chalet that morning with an oil filled heater. I replied that had we been aware of the possibility of additional heating we would have stayed.
Two days later, I had not received a response, so I sent another email specifically asking why we had not been advised of the possibility of additional heating.
An hour or so later we received a telephone call from the owner. His tone and attitude on the phone was disappointing to say the least. He continually stated that the chalets were 'warm and cosy', and the problem lay with my wife and I.
Given that we had paid £350 for the week, we had returned home after two days because of the cold, and also the fact that at no time had we asked for a refund, and that all we wanted to know was why we had not been advised of the possibility of additional heating by his administrator and which would have allowed us to make a more informed decision on whether to stay or not.
He replied by stating he had been away from the area and had not had a chance to pass on that information to his administrator. He also told me I should have put a fan heater from the living room into the bedroom if we were still cold. He continually interrupted me when I tried to speak and he simply refused to accept that my wife and I had been cold in the chalet.
To be honest, I found his whole approach to us very surprising and disappointing, since ultimately, he was not one penny out of pocket, and we were the customers.
This is the first occasion I have had cause to give 1 out of 5 for accommodation. We will certainly not be returning to Kirkaig Chalet number 2.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
28 Nov 2015
I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay. Unfortunately when you arrived the small towel radiator in the bathroom wasn?t working, when you informed us of this we immediately ordered a new one but because of our location the delivery is 3- 5 days, this seems to have been the only problem with the Chalets that I can find in your review.

The bedrooms in the Chalets have wall heaters and electric blankets but if additional heat is required the additional fan heater that we have in the Chalets could have been placed this in the hall this would have immediately brought the rear of the Chalets up to a very comfortable temperature.

I did make a big effort by bringing you an extra heater, to heat your towels (we have a tumble dryer that could have done this) but you had already vacated the Chalets by 10am on the Monday morning (I was down south for a wedding and didn?t arrive in Lochinver until 1am that morning).

If anyone reading this review would like a balanced view of our Chalets please read the review from the guests who were staying for the same week in Chalet 1 which is identical to Chalet 2.

Extract from review

We stayed here for a week from 14 th November and loved it. We had to endure the end of storm Abigail with 70mph gusts and torrential rain, in fact the whole week was wet and windy but the chalet was a warm, safe haven in the storms. Easy to heat, great shower
James T
Hamilton, United Kingdom
“Relaxing weekend break”
Reviewed 23 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015

Spectacular views from this well equipped chalet,even when weather is not at it's best ! We both enjoyed our stay here and easily and willingly recommend this chalet to anyone looking for a relaxing,or lively break. There are various walks available for all levels of walker,from the chalet itself and from Lochinver,which is close by.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Christian...
Stoer, United Kingdom
“Very nice for 2 people”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in May 2015

We enjoyed our stay very much, but happy to be just the two of us. For 4 people the Chalet seems, for us, I bit small.
Good kitchen and BIG fridge. Rooms are ok, beds quiet comfy.
Sofas okay, chairs more for outside then inside.
Stunning location and VERY quiet.

Benjamin...
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Great spot by the loch”
Reviewed 18 June 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Thoroughly enjoyed our brief stay here, a lovely lookout onto the loch and the deer in the garden were cool. Great to have the enclosed garden too for our black lab who loved it here too. Make sure you bring cash though to leave in the honesty box for electricity!

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing